M65 Field Jacket Reference Information?

jetranger407

jetranger407

Hi all,

I'm looking for any official documentation of the M-65 field jacket; ideally a scan or images from an official supply catalog from the 60s. Greatly appreciate if anyone has come across any information or has any archived. I'm kind of stunned by how little M65 info there is on USMF (and the internet in general)! Anyhow would love to put together some official information on it; any help would be greatly appreciated!

phantomfixer

some will not agree...but I think the M65 is one of the greatest pieces of mil issue out there...Even my beloved A-2s have taken a back seat to the M65...versatile and warm with a good liner....as liners have changed over the years...and so have M65s for that matter...My go to is a late 70's with a late 60s liner....

good luck on your quest for data...

jetranger407

Agreed! The M65 is hands-down the most wearable piece of vintage militaria. Built tough as nails and looks darn good when sized right!

I think it gets the cold shoulder alot because good condition, wearable sizes seem to be as rare as hen's teeth; while tent-sized, overworn M65s are a dime a dozen, not to mention they were everywhere 20 years ago.

Anyhow, if anyone has any US Gov issued ephemera/information on it, that would be great, sooo... smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Ps a cursory search of the M65 on the google-machine conjures all sorts of fashion websites redigesting the Alpha Industries product description accompanied by different OG107 shirts :dry: worn by famous people..

some will not agree...but I think the M65 is one of the greatest pieces of mil issue out there...Even my beloved A-2s have taken a back seat to the M65...versatile and warm with a good liner....as liners have changed over the years...and so have M65s for that matter...My go to is a late 70's with a late 60s liner....

good luck on your quest for data...