USAF name tab to date

nicolas75

Hello to all

To your opinion is this name tab 50's ? 60's ? 70's ?

Thanks

Best regards

post-3574-0-24296100-1464797131.jpg

I wore a similar name tag on my USAF missile crew uniform in the early 80's but the "L" and "I" on my tag is thicker.

post-152401-0-46004100-1464803389.jpg

I'm looking at a set from 1982, and I agree with coli8344, the letters are much thicker. I'm not sure if there was a uniform method of embroidery for these however, so there could have been a lot of variation even in the same timeframe.

I wore a similar name tag on my USAF missile crew uniform in the early 80's but the "L" and "I" on my tag is thicker.

There were a ton of variations, as this style was used from the mid 60s to the early 1990s. It was used AF wide until 1980, then continued on specialty uniforms like Transient Alert blue fatigues or missile crew coveralls for another 10-12 years. As also pointed out, used by the CAP, so that is a possibility as well.

Randy

There were a ton of variations, as this style was used from the mid 60s to the early 1990s. It was used AF wide until 1980, then continued on specialty uniforms like Transient Alert blue fatigues or missile crew coveralls for another 10-12 years. As also pointed out, used by the CAP, so that is a possibility as well.

Randy

Agree, I wore this type of nametape on my fatigues when I went into the AF in 1979, then everything (on the work uniforms only) changed over to subdued starting 1980.