OIF I First Aid Pouch

hawkdriver

Are there Army folks here from OIF I that can tell me what was used for the first-aid bandage and carrier? I know the IFAK wasn't issued, so was the old green nylon ALICE first aid pouch used with the standard bandage?

When my unit went over at the very start of OIF 1 we were issued the Tactical Load Bearing Vest (TLBV) in woodland camo and the green alice first aid pouch with the field dressing inside. We also wore DCUs. We didnt see the IBAs until almost 2/3rds the way through the deployment, and THOSE were issued in woodland as well. Brand new with collars, nut protectors, and strike plates. Even with the new Molle type gear the normal individual first aid pouch continued to be the nylon ALICE type, right up till I retired. Hope that helps.

El Bibliotecario
Are there Army folks here from OIF I that can tell me what was used for the first-aid bandage and carrier? I know the IFAK wasn't issued, so was the old green nylon ALICE first aid pouch used with the standard bandage?

I'm not familiar with OIF or IFAK. All the first aid pouches I carried on active duty, both what you term the 'old' green nylon ALICE pouch and its cotton canvas predessor (which I assume you'd call _real_ old) contained a single field dressing. As best I recall it was sealed in clear plastic. I probably have an example in my junk, but I'm not sure I can identify it from amongst similar field dressings.

Hope this helps. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of this sort of thing can be more specific.

El Bibliotecario
I'm not familiar with OIF or IFAK. All the first aid pouches I carried on active duty, both what you term the 'old' green nylon ALICE pouch and its cotton canvas predessor (which I assume you'd call _real_ old) contained a single field dressing. As best I recall it was sealed in clear plastic. I probably have an example in my junk, but I'm not sure I can identify it from amongst similar field dressings.

Hope this helps. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of this sort of thing can be more specific.

ADDENDA: And having read the question more carefully, I realize my response is totally irrelevant. Please disreagard

When my unit went over at the very start of OIF 1 we were issued the Tactical Load Bearing Vest (TLBV) in woodland camo and the green alice first aid pouch with the field dressing inside. We also wore DCUs. We didnt see the IBAs until almost 2/3rds the way through the deployment, and THOSE were issued in woodland as well. Brand new with collars, nut protectors, and strike plates. Even with the new Molle type gear the normal individual first aid pouch continued to be the nylon ALICE type, right up till I retired. Hope that helps.

That is what I thought, but I wanted to check. I am working my OIF I display and wanted to check. Did you ever see anyone with the desert tan MOLLE FLCU? I remember seeing a lot of LBV's as you stated, but it seems that we went straight from the LBV straight to the ACU gear.

Don't fret El bib, I do it all the time.

I used Iraqi gear with my BDU.

p0333.jpg

I used Iraqi gear with my BDU.

p0333.jpg

Looks like the person on the right here had the IBA carrier, but no strike plates... and no visible ammo pouches? Whoa...

Wayne