Military History Museum, A&M Surplus, Bellevue, NE

gwb123

WOW

That would be a nice surprize if you had no idea it was set up this great. I want a store like that near me. Thanks for taking such great picks.

Bob

ehrentitle

Gil, Thanks for posting these excellent photos of from this outstanding store. I try to stop by A&M Surplus every time I travel back to Nebraska to visit family. I've picked up several items from them over the years and in recent years desert equipment such as the mint desert MOLE rucksack I purchased from them a few years back.

Thanks for posting your great photos. It is an amazing display for a surplus store to have, and its very encouraging to see such work being done by the private sector. The government drops the ball on a lot of its military museums--the National Museum of the U.S. Army has been in the planning stages for about 20 years now. I hope that the Nebraska National Guard does a better job than that!

• 2 weeks later...
ParanormalTrooper

Man, I just visited that place about a month ago... I didnt buy anything, but I browsed and stared in awe at the display in the back for about a solid 10-15 minutes, maybe a bit more. It is very impressive!

Jumpin Jack

Alas, poor Val, I knew him when--but never did I realize that he and his sons assembled such a fine array of military items such as shown here. Thank you Gil for posting. I'll have to get up there and see it first hand. Jack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Its been a couple of years, but Ill have to stop back in A&M here soon. On the topic of Nebraska National Guard, Ive started to expand my collection to include Army collar insignia, this is the first piece of that collection, came in today!

post-163024-0-30059100-1509744919.jpg