FSSF member ?

alex9483

Greetings.

I decided to dig out my small collection of knives after acquiring most pieces about thirty years ago. While going over the scabbard to my V-42 in an attempt to authenticate it and the knife (see separate thread), I saw something that I totally forgot about... there printed in pencil was the name:

COL. WINTON

I guess my Google skills are weak because all I could find is : "WINTON L. CAMERON 8-2" on the firstspecialserviceforce.net roster. Can't find anything else.

I know there are members here with extensive databases to the Force as well as photos in some cases. Can someone look up this name, or point me in the right direction to research his name?

Thanks

There is a WINTON L CAMERON listed as 3-2 from Los Angeles California.

Hes listed in the enlisted Roster not the officers

Any COL could have owned the knife during or after the war. However, you may want to research; Arthur V. (O8189), George P. (O5935), or Walter F. (O3164). All COL's in the register in 1945. I doubt it is any of these but who knows. good luck

Don't know how to edit above post.

I should have tried Google before replying! Thanks ccyooper, I'll dig into these names with my limited research skills and hope I get a lead.