Nice news paper article about me in the Iowa newspaper

RobbyMB

A few weeks ago i was contacted by email and i was introduced to as a columnist from the gazette. She got my contact via a genealogical centre in town and found the story interesting and decided to contact me. Result is below article. It is a nice touch for the effort that i didnt even mind doing.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/opinion/blogs/lynda-waddington/dutch-man-cares-for-overseas-grave-of-iowa-wwii-soldier-20160424

Thanks

It warms my heart to know that younger generations have the same interest and care for history as some prior.

thanks so much for caring,

-Brian

A friend of mine, a combat veteran of the 102nd Division, has a lot of buddies buried in Heerlen. It means a lot to him to know that his friends are not forgotten, and he is very appreciative of the Dutch citizens who care for them. Thanks to you and all others who honor those guys.

Last weekend we had the memorial day at the cemetery. It was great. Normally i am a spectator and just place flower. This year the family of one of the fallen soldier came over from Seattle and invited me. So i was sitting 2nd row this time next to the big shots from Nato and representatives of the Belgian king.