Weirdest thing you've been offered in trade?

WW2JAKE

I'm curious if anyone else has had weird non military related items offered to them for a military item you have?

For example today I was offered and traded 3 70's badges (pistol marksman, pistol sharpshooter, and rifle expert) and a ww2 good conduct medal for 3 unicycles which I've always wanted to learn to ride so why not!

post-125364-0-72514000-1464207275.jpg

I have a neigbor that rides around on one of those things. It looks like he has fun on it. But with my coordination skills, I'd probably break my neck on my first try. Good luck and enjoy!

Does the middle one not have a seat? I can't say I've ever seen a seatless unicycle before.

you would be right, it's called an ultimate wheel, very challenging but also the most fun!

Garandomatic

I'll try to dig up a picture of my dad's buddy... Little crazy after Nam, rode one around downtown after coming home and starting a chopper shop.

Frank_Smith

How about a Mercedes 500SL? I traded a couple of WWII KIA Silver Star groups, a boxed WWI Army Purple Heart, a few other American campaign medals and a WWII German infantry field uniform for it.

post-316-0-25425400-1464210748.jpg

I'll try to dig up a picture of my dad's buddy... Little crazy after Nam, rode one around downtown after coming home and starting a chopper shop.

sounds like someone I'd get along with, unicycles and choppers ooooo boy haha

How about a Mercedes 500SL? I traded a couple of WWII KIA Silver Star groups, a boxed WWI Army Purple Heart, a few other American campaign medals and a WWII German infantry field uniform for it.

Frank...it's just a unicycle with three more wheels...

That's not too bad! Knew a guy who decided to get out of the military collecting before my days of collecting, had quite the collection and ended up getting rid of that collection and building a classic car collection.

You should try to get a training unicycle. The one I had had a tiny front wheel with handlebars and you could ride it like a poorly balance bicycle, unlock the frame so you could move the front wheel off center, or remove the frame and have a unicycle. I got to the off centered tires step pretty well but never quite got to unicycle.

You should try to get a training unicycle. The one I had had a tiny front wheel with handlebars and you could ride it like a poorly balance bicycle, unlock the frame so you could move the front wheel off center, or remove the frame and have a unicycle. I got to the off centered tires step pretty well but never quite got to unicycle.

nah, I like learning the hard way as many of you know.

WWIIJake

Cool trade! But I have to say you really need to get some gopro action video of your

first few rides! And share them with the rest of us!

Boy I thought me trading extra junk out of my garage for a couple carloads of military stuff was kind of strange but you take the cake. Have fun riding your new unicycles

Bob

All these years later...banjos, guitars,Rolex's,trucks,livestock,watermelons, work and favors...

WWIIJake

Cool trade! But I have to say you really need to get some gopro action video of your

first few rides! And share them with the rest of us!

maybe i should find someone to trade for a gopro :lol:

Wharfmaster

Most often, when people want to trade, it's usually their trash for your treasures. :rolleyes:

In my experience, collectors rarely trade their best stuff.

Wharf ;)

Most often, when people want to trade, it's usually their trash for your treasures. :rolleyes:

In my experience, collectors rarely trade their best stuff.

Wharf ;)

id say i got the better end of the deal in terms of value, wasnt my best items but ive had offers for scrap wood (cut up plywood) offers for a case of bottled water :huh: even one guy offered me rocks for my yard but I had to shovel them and transport them... didnt take those deals...

I was offered an Iraqi "Princess" by her father once in exchange to make her a military bride, does that count? It's a weird world