What do I have?

quack

I have found a WW2 Remington-Rand slide for a M1911-A1. It is parkerised, and appears normal in all other aspects, including the correct Syracuse address on the left side. It does not have a number under the firing pin stop, though there is some kind of a deep blemish which almost looks like it could have been a triangle pointing up towards the 2:00 position. The interesting thing, though, is that the right side of the slide is marked 62127USN000286.

I have never seen a USN marking on a WW2 Remington-Rand, and wonder if this is some kind of an arsenal rework. There is no similar marking shown in Poyer's book, or in any other reference I have available.

Any suggestions which will help me figure out what I have would be greatly appreciated.

USN Armorer's mark, maybe for a USN pistol used by a pistol team?

The markings appear roll-stamped, certainly not something I would expect from a unit armorer or pistol team.... Though the numbers are not all exactly on the same level (some perhaps 1/32" higher or lower than others).

bigkahunasix

Not rollmarked....that has been hand stamped by the armorer. Could be a pistol team spare, has it been fitted to a frame?? You can tell by the finish being missing in the barrel hood recess, slide ways...etc...

A few areas on the barrel hood, barrel locking lug area, and bottom of the slide rails in which the parkerising has been worn off and is shiny. Not much evidence of fitting, but I would guess it has been used, rather than being a totally pristine slide.

Thanks for your identification.