M-16 Magazine collectors Vietnam Era

jw517

I was just wondering how many mag collectors we have here. I started out hoarding a bunch of 30s for my AR in preparation for the new year 2017 (if you know what I mean). Wasn't long before I fell in love with the old 20s from the Vietnam era. I think I have them all now exept for the Armalite mags. I do have some duplicates if someone wants to trade. So,,, if anyone else is addicted to these things it's now your chance to bare your soul and admit to our problem.

post-159439-0-63423800-1464147508.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I have a "weakness" too. Don't have an original Waffle nor a 25 rd yet but think I have everything else. I really like the emerald green followers on the 30 cals. PS I just picked up 4 of those early rubberized pouches in un issued condition.

post-729-0-87310300-1471743278.png

Id love just two for one of my pouches. Im very happy to have two of Nodak Spuds repops, they are spot one. I had a guy near me make up two Armalite floor plates and found two alloy followers. They look damn good.

I buy them when I can, and currently I have 7 Original 20rd mags with aluminum followers. I have bought them for $10-$25 each as they showed up at swap meets. I guess I collect vietnam mags?

I had six marked 223 instead of 5.56 but sold a couple. They are getting hard to find. I'll tell you what though,when I stick one of those aluminum Colt 20 rounders in my AR15 I know it's going to work!

By the looks of it,the only way to get a 223 Waffle is pay what they want when they want it. A fello had a box/bag/package of four on gunbroker a they were just creased Armalite mags he thought. He wanted nearly 500 start bid. I tried to talk him into selling one but no dice. I think he would do better selling one at a time. They didn't sell I don't think in the four pak.

Another thing was he couldn't guarantee what was in the wrapper but said the others he opened were armalite floor plates but for one which was a Colt 223 pak. They were marked 1964 on the brown paper wrapper.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the progression of twenty round mags. Armalite waffle mag, the same floor plate but standard body, then colt marked .223 followed by 5.56mm floor plates.

post-729-0-25728600-1472659895_thumb.jpg

Also, here's a pic of the first issue 30 round mag. Probably 1969? Notice the numbers in white on an Emerald Green follower. Some of these look black at shows. ALWAYS shine a flashlight on them when digging through a pile of mags. There are gems in the mix!

No pun intended.

post-729-0-64437100-1472660043_thumb.jpg