1863-2008 U.S. Armed Forces Medals & Decorations

:rolleyes: "GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" I'd like to start this post with the Purple Heart Medal, showing both obverse and reverse sides. This is a medal I bought and gave to a veteran for his shadow-box display along with a dozen other medals he needed replacement for his service in the Vietnam War, these included medals also awarded by the then South Vietnam Government. Feel free to show medals from your collection or picture of same here as well. One of the most attractive medals in the PHM, without a shadow of doubt. God Bless the Troops Awarded these medals and decorations! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (hhbooker2@yahoo.com)

post-837-1221071955.jpg

Herbert Booker

donation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

ermm.gif Greetings & Salutations! Here is an assortment of full size U.S. medals I gave to a collector in the United Kingdom, oddly enough, after a few letters, never heard from him again? I wrote several letters and registered them and added a return receipt, no word whatsoever? One might think if they were to get oodles of free-bee stuff like this, they'd stay in touch? When we have visitors I present them with lot of books on whatever subjects they're interested in and later they complain and say I loaded them with several shopping bags full of heavy books and no way could they get through all of them? I must wonder when collectors buy from a seller/dealer and say they were overcharged and keep going back, surely, I'm doing something wrong, aren't I? The next post shall show the other sides of these medals. ermm.gif Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (hhbooker2@yahoo.com) Fortunately some of those who get daily free scans stay in touch, its good to know others find something to make life more interesting. I can add you to the list if you email me. Thank you!

post-837-1221601683.jpg

Herbert Booker

donation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

• 11 months later...

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,

Chris / ADMIN

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.