Interesting Period Marine Corps photos

UScollector0145

Jumpin Jack

"Interesting period photos" is an understatement! There are so many aspects to these photos that go well beyond "interesting." Thank you for posting as these have been an education for me in so many ways! Jack

'Flage Guy

Eddy and Blacksmith, I've seen other shots of these guys; as I remember, these are Army personnel in training maneuvers of desert operations, experimenting with various camouflage patterns in the process.

And thanks for all these excellent pics!!

Schnicklfritz

There is a story behind that length of film from Tarawa. I can't remember what it was for sure, but something happened to the Marines jacket and that is all he could find to replace it at the time. I'll do some more digging to see if I can find that story.

Japanese navy jumper?

ViewfinderGyrene

What era is this one from? I've never seen those helmet cover patterns before. Maybe I'm green in that area but have never seen anything other than the most common pattern.

~VFG

turmanator

Just gotta reply! Awsome pictures. I can enlarge one and look at it forever picking out the gear and weapons and trying to identify them all! Thanks for sharing!