NUC Electrician USS Seadragon

Picked this one up recently, a nice Japanese made patch for the Nuke Electricians on the Seadragon SSN 584 colorful patch about 5 inches in diameter

post-582-0-21262300-1463504248.jpg

TreasureHunter

Very nice, love when a command allows division patches. Not all approve of that. Great patch.

On the boats I was on we were allowed to wear pretty much any patch we wanted while underway. If we had certain riders or when we were in port we had to wear command coveralls. Underway was pretty much fair game though... tshirts, tennis shoes, beards.

TreasureHunter

On the boats I was on we were allowed to wear pretty much any patch we wanted while underway. If we had certain riders or when we were in port we had to wear command coveralls. Underway was pretty much fair game though... tshirts, tennis shoes, beards.

That's an Admiral Zumwalt era sailor talking right there.....

on the surface we only wore patches on our coveralls if you had a good command supporting it, same goes for red hats for fire party, not always the norm.

I was in from 1973-1999. I wore patches on my jackets, from command patches to San Miguel Beer bottle patches. I had a foul weather jacket with my Rate painted on the back. Never had a problem, in port or underway. I was both West Coast and East Coast.