WW2 Army Air Corps Colonel Bullion Tunic

Adrian6256

Adrian6256

Hey guys!! I wanted to share this colonel Tunic with you guys, because of the beautiful bullion eagles on the shoulder. I wish I knew more about this colonel. Its named to L. C. Dill. my searches have come up empty but I will keep trying. Im curious if these patches are european made? I hope you guys like it.

-Adrian

post-158668-0-51318400-1463499537.jpg

post-158668-0-33760600-1463499554.jpg

post-158668-0-05109000-1463499564.jpg

post-158668-0-81620800-1463499574.jpg

CNY Militaria

I am fairly certain this is Lois C. Dill. I found a reference online to him as "Air Force Quartermaster" in reference to an 8th AAF officer seeking supply.

Here is his excerpt from the 1948 Officer's Register. Note that he was promoted to Colonel in the AUS in Feb '42, prior to this uniform being made.

Justin

Dill.JPG

Adrian6256

Thanks for that info!! I agree that it has to be the same person. That will help me with finding more about this uniform!!

-Adrian

AAF_Collection

That's a beauty!. Looking at the date on the label he must have had it tailored soon after arriving in the UK.

Matt.

• 3 years later...
Captainofthe7th

Adrian - I've just sent you a PM.  I have had his son's uniform for years and when I got it, a mess dress white and 4 pocket white came with it.  I always assumed they were the son's until reading through another book yesterday there was a note about the use of white mess dress for dinner parties in the Philippines and it got me thinking to check the whites I have.  They are marked LCD, so certainly Dill's father's.  I went on a feverish research binge and want to order his file, but in short he served from 1915 to 1949 on the Mexican Border, WWI Occupation, and both theaters in WWII including Manila in late 1945 and his last posting was Hawaii.  He was awarded a couple Commendation medals.  This is based mostly on newspaper articles, though I do have his Louisiana WWI service abstract but it does not mention Border service.  What I like about your uniform is it confirms his AAF and ETO service on the label.

Thanks,

Rob