Helmet cover marked "Grenada." What do you think?

CHASEUSA11B

CHASEUSA11B

Alright guys, what do you think about this cover? Complete BS or does it have a chance.

I got it at a swap meet so there's no history on it and I don't know if the shell, liner, and cover belong together at all.

The cover is dirty and has a greasy feel and shows wear on the creases.

It is dated 1979 and has green graffiti in several places. The only thing I can make out is "Grenada" and a large cross on the top. The rest is unreadable. I know there's no way to know for sure but is there a chance this was worn in Grenada or just a fantasy piece from a kid with a marker?

post-6201-0-91763300-1463353990.jpegpost-6201-0-01645500-1463354001.jpegpost-6201-0-55402500-1463354011.jpegpost-6201-0-11378300-1463354022.jpeg

USMC-RECON0321

I have one in my collection I posted several years ago that has that same look and I believe was most likely a Grenada Bring back. No Proof, just basing it off of the condition and era of parts. Here is a detailed thread I did on it and pictures of the condition. As you will see, it's just way to worn, greasy and damaged to have been allowed in a peace time setting. The cover would've been ordered replaced long before it got to this condition.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/187334-this-helmet-has-seen-combat-but-where-and-when-beirut-grenanda/?hl=grenada&do=findComment&comment=1446649

post-33000-0-78834600-1463363700.jpg post-33000-0-76579100-1463363823.jpg

CHASEUSA11B

Very cool usmcrecon, thank you for posting. I actually remember that thread and that's a great looking helmet.

I love that spc rank.

I know there's no way to prove it but I get a good vibe from my cover. I just think if it were fake they would have made it more readable and maybe used black ink.i don't think the liner belongs with mine and was likely just thrown inlater

USMC-RECON0321

Very cool usmcrecon, thank you for posting. I actually remember that thread and that's a great looking helmet.

I love that spc rank.

I know there's no way to prove it but I get a good vibe from my cover. I just think if it were fake they would have made it more readable and maybe used black ink.i don't think the liner belongs with mine and was likely just thrown inlater

I agree and see some of the same grime showing on yours that I liked about mine and the fact that yours has "Grenanda" written on the cover adds to the "Assumption" of its history.

CHASEUSA11B

I was able to make out the writing on the one side. It says "Grenada class of 83."

I still can't read the rest but there's a wave sign on the opposite side