Airborne First Aid Kit

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

I spent several years educating myself for this one and I finally picked up an Airborne First Aid Kit (Parachute First Aid). Its in very good shape and has not been ripped open, although the top end was separated. The contents are original and complete. The cellophane wrapping is still 100% around the bandage and is slightly "tacky" due to years of being against the rubber waterproofing interior of the cloth. The boxed syrette was never used, although it appears to have leaked slightly.

post-17994-0-91673700-1463340481.jpg

post-17994-0-08392900-1463340503.jpg

post-17994-0-87135300-1463340524.jpg

firefighter

Very nice. I saw it in your hand today i meant to ask you about it, looked like you had a death grip on it. LoL!!!

Persian Gulf Command

firefighter,

Sure did! Actually I should have tied it to my shirt as to say "Look What I Just Got!"!

This is one of the best examples I ever saw offered at a show. FYI I obtained it at the Mattydale, NY show. Its small but have found many great items over the years.

I bought the only one I believe I've ever seen....Picked it up at a local antique shop, which closed it's doors last fall....The guy who's booth it was in is a big eBay seller, so consequently any thing he deems valuable, he saves for that.....This makes it difficult buying directly from him....But one day, I just about fainted when he had one of these for $35....It's open but complete....Came from the estate of a guy who was in the AAF and a member of a bomber crew.....Bodes

Persian Gulf Command

Bodes,

So that means you bought it in what 1978; from someone who dreamed of a futuristic virtual reality auction house?

If the goal as collectors is to buy low so one day you can sell high - You are the champ of the Airborne First Aid "challenge"!.

Well Done!

Bodes,

So that means you bought it in what 1978; from someone who dreamed of a futuristic virtual reality auction house?

If the goal as collectors is to buy low so one day you can sell high - You are the champ of the Airborne First Aid "challenge"!.

Well Done!

Actually it was about two years ago....I keep thinking I should tell the dealer what it is and how desirable they are, but why ruin his day and any future good karma?....Bodes

firefighter

firefighter,

Sure did! Actually I should have tied it to my shirt as to say "Look What I Just Got!"!

This is one of the best examples I ever saw offered at a show. FYI I obtained it at the Mattydale, NY show. Its small but have found many great items over the years.

That is a great show.One of the things I like about it is ALL military and it's just one day, okay thats two things. Awesome find.