Source for replacement trouser belt webbing?

M1Garandy

I have been wearing the same WWII USGI belt buckle with replacement webbing in it for the past 20+ years. The blue USN webbing I was using is now worn out where the buckle grips it as well as a little short.

Any idea where to get replacement USGI webbing (does not need to be WWII vintage)? I've seen the thin, reproduction webbing that isn't reinforced like the real deal, and that is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Black webbing OK? I use early M16 slings that are a perfect replacement for GI belt material.

Jumpin Jack

Do you require the belt buckle as well? If so, open or closed type? What is your waist size? Jack

Black webbing OK? I use early M16 slings that are a perfect replacement for GI belt material.

Black would be OK, but I'm hoping to find cotton rather than nylon webbing.

I've seen a rifle sling made out of a GI belt so the reverse seems logical too.

Do you require the belt buckle as well? If so, open or closed type? What is your waist size? Jack

No buckle needed.

Ideally, I'd like to find something with some extra length and cut it down to size. I'll measure my existing belt tonight and see what kind of length I need.

Boy Scout belts are made of the same material if green would work.

Indeed they are, though I'm afraid they've gone to cheaper/thinner material as well.

I'm looking for something 48-50" minimum length.

OK I will give you that. the newer belts are a bit thinner than the older ones. Have you thought about the current belts that are wider than the one inch web belts? There must be some active duty folks that have one laying around.

Have you thought about the current belts that are wider than the one inch web belts? There must be some active duty folks that have one laying around.

No I hadn't. Honestly, I have no idea what the current issue trouser belt options are.

• 4 months later...

To update this post from a few months ago, I finally sourced replacement cotton webbing from here: https://www.vanguardmil.com/

It showed up yesterday and I'm impressed with the quality and construction out of the box. It is at least as thick and as the one I'm replacing and is quite stiff presently. Time will tell how it breaks in and holds up.

It should hold up well. Vanguard has pretty much been the sole supplier to AAFES and clothing sales for about 30 years or more...I would say longer but I would be dating myself...good luck..