18TH Aggressors Pilot Display F-16

Niki

Hi too all ,

Here is my new kid on the block to join the display collection of fighter pilots.

This is a full display pilot with the nametag "DOUGLAS" of the USAF 18th AGGRESSORS 354th Fighter wing based at Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska flying the block 30 F-16C/D aircraft.

I have also a sru-21 survival vest complete with contents but i am not sure if this pilot wear them?

Maybe if there is a "falcon driver" on the forum who could help me perfect this display?

By the way ...

This summer there is a big militaria fair wings and wheels (13-14 august 2016) on the former WW2 airfield of URSEL ( B67 ) where there were at one time RAF typhoons planes .

Together with a other forum member Emiel1703 we are planning to show a collection of 20 full diplay fighter pilots through time from WW2 to the COLD WAR called "ADVERSARY IN THE SKIES" like a SPITFIRE PILOT / MESSERSCHMITT BF109E , F86 SABRE PILOT/ MIG 15 PILOT, USN CORSAIR PILOT/ ZERO PILOT, F16 PILOT/ MIG29 PILOT,...

So if you can ,come by and say hi so i can meet a member of this great forum in person. :)

I will post a topic when the event is over.

post-158693-0-47373100-1463082596.jpg

post-158693-0-33729800-1463082610.jpg

Thanks juvatwad , did you have many hours on F-16 and did you encounter the 18 th aggressors F-16's ?

I only went TDY to Eielson for Cope Thunder, and the 18th wasn't an aggressor squadron then. I did fly with the 18th FS once, when they had block 40s.

northcoastaero

I am almost certain the SRU-21/P vest would have a modified tapered cutout for the lap belt on the front, along with a shortened zipper for use with the ACES II ejection seat in the F-16 at this time.

Thx juvatwad,

It looks like mine has the same configaration only less the knife position .

Thanks alot for the info .