1965 Prototype Tiger Stripe Camouflage Uniform Set

Jason_Hardy

Mike Force

That's dope!!

Thanks again for posting!

I think I have also seen a 8 piont cover with the tag before!?

Also very interesting to see the Far East Command contract number on the tag DA-92-321-FAC-2545, similar FAC contracts has been assigned for earlier tigers too.

I got a new set just dated a couple weeks after it when the production for this particular model was already online.

post-4070-0-67768900-1463121661.jpg

Mike Force

I always thought the models with the bit more grayish buttons and the green pocket lining etc. are the earlier ones?

Very interesting!

Really looking forward to see more stuff!!

Thanks,

Mike

post-4070-0-31042200-1463123067.jpg

Beau-Brummel

Really nice Mike and great that the dates are so close as well as having the FAC contract number!

• 3 years later...

Counter Insurgency Support Office ( CISO ) PROTOTYPE Tiger Stripe Beret, with Original approval tags reads:DAJB09-69-M-0214,Beret, Camuflage, Size S ( Beret interior is marked M). Dated 1969.Tiger Stripe Liner.Jason Hardy adquired from Conrad "Ben" Baker,and recently I adquired from Jason Hardy. it is a FANTASTIC Piece of Tiger Stripe History.

post-140367-0-72261500-1581790791.jpg

post-140367-0-25074500-1581790838.jpg

post-140367-0-52134300-1581790870.jpg

post-140367-0-43668200-1581790940.jpg

post-140367-0-00352900-1581791112.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Martin

I am Very Happy to Own this Prototype Tiger Stripe Beret wit a Picture of Conrad Ben Baker holding the Tiger Beret and a Original Approval Tag.

• 3 weeks later...
SOG RT Mamba

The CISO Prototype Tiger stripe Beret is in my possession.

Jason,not yet removed the CISO Prototype Tiger stripe Beret that belonged to Conrad " Ben " Baker from the Dog Tag militaria website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I
On 5/12/2016 at 11:38 AM, kammo-man said:

This is mid war.

Tigers had already been in the field for 7 years.

So its a cut sample.

On 5/12/2016 at 12:48 PM, vintageproductions said:

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion but for the first issue set of tiger stripes to Special Forces / SOG, this set and it's two identical cousins, were the first ones made, and tagged by the manufacturer as samples to be presented to Baker for approval.

I recognize this debate was years ago but I suspect what we are looking at here is a first article sample which is a standard part of government contracts where the contractor is required to make a handful of samples (in this case 3) on the same production line they will be using to complete the contract so that the government can inspect it (in this case the inspector would be Ben Baker) and make sure they are capable of producing it correctly, the workmanship it up to par, they haven't read the drawings upside-down, etc. and nip any issues in the bud rather than catching them only when the first full production batch of thousands is completed incorrectly with lots of time and money wasted. 

So I would suggest this may not be the first tiger stripe uniform CISO ever contracted, instead it is the first one Yogi Shokai ever produced, or the first one they produced on this specific contract if a long enough period of time had elapsed since their last contract (if I remember right its 6 months but don't quote me on that).