canadair xm571

notinfringed

notinfringed

Does anyone know anything about these machines? A guy I know may be looking to get rid of these, but I'm not 100% sure that is what it is. I'm not finding too much info on them online. Thanks in advance for any help.

Levi

post-2011-0-66641600-1462865561.jpg

post-2011-0-09864400-1462865577.jpg

msgt norway

i have never seen this type of machine before! but i would defently buy it if i could:)

Cheers ken,norway

notinfringed

They came after the weasel, but they have some similarities to the modern susv. I have driven several different varieties of tracked rigs at my work. If the guy I know brings this one in, I will try to get some better pictures of it. From what I could find online, they were powered by a chevy corvair engine. Most of the sites with info on them are Canadian. Here is a link to one site:

http://www.casr.ca/bg-army-mosv-origins-dynatrac.htm

• 2 weeks later...
notinfringed

These machines finally came in the yard where I work. They will be sold at our annual equipment auction on June 18. Here are a few more pictures I snapped with my phone. These seem to be extremely rare machines. There is a youtube video of a restored one, without the trailer, being driven here:

If anyone needs better pictures of anything on these, please let me know. I only have until they are sold to gather info on them. Here is a shot of the dashboard of the complete unit:

post-2011-0-45868700-1464420238.jpg

notinfringed

These are the markings on the side. "172 Arctic Light Infantry" has been painted over.

post-2011-0-49026200-1464420715.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a front and back unit like yours. I am wondering what auction these will be listed in. Or is it possible to buy them now.

• 1 month later...