WAAC Jacket

Manchu Warrior

That sure looks like our man! Great work Sherlock! ;)

Here is the only George T Mulligan in NARA. It looks like he was slated to be an officer, but it never happened. The good thing is that like Grace, he also enlisted in Boston, so they must of known each other then.

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 11117915 11117915

NAME MULLIGAN#GEORGE#T####### MULLIGAN#GEORGE#T#######

RESIDENCE: STATE 13 MASSACHUSETTS

RESIDENCE: COUNTY 025 SUFFOLK

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 1306 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 21 21

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 11 11

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 42 42

GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private

GRADE: CODE 8 Private

BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

FIELD USE AS DESIRED # #

TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

LONGEVITY ### ###

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life

NATIVITY 13 MASSACHUSETTS

YEAR OF BIRTH 17 17

RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen

EDUCATION 5 1 year of college

CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 517 Skilled pattern and model makers, except paper

MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents

COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 6 Army of the United States - includes the following: Voluntary enlistments effective December 8, 1941 and thereafter; One year enlistments of National Guardsman whose State enlistment expires while in the Federal Service; Officers appointed in the Army of the United States under Army Regulations 605-10

Manchu Warrior

Thanks again guys you both went the extra mile and it is deeply appreciated. Ski, like most of the items in my possession the uniforms will be around until my children dispose of them. Thanks again and if I can ever help you in anyway just ask. thumbsup.gif

...Thanks again guys you both went the extra mile and it is deeply appreciated....

It was a nifty challenge and I was glad to add some useful content. Now we have begged question: If SFC George T. Mulligan is your man, the three uniforms of his that you have shown obviously are not the end of the story. Was there any sign of an SFC uniform in that stash (and/or can you backtrack to the source to see if you missed it somehow)?

Manchu Warrior
It was a nifty challenge and I was glad to add some useful content. Now we have begged question: If SFC George T. Mulligan is your man, the three uniforms of his that you have shown obviously are not the end of the story. Was there any sign of an SFC uniform in that stash (and/or can you backtrack to the source to see if you missed it somehow)?

I purchased these at an auction about six months ago and I honestly do not remember what other military related items sold at the auction, I left bids. I also hung the uniforms in two different closets and I will have to go through all of the uniforms in the closet, not all his, to see if I have any with his SFC rank on them. I will also have to be honest I don't sell much of anything military related however before joining this forum, even though I even own a couple of groupings, I really never paid much attention to the importance of groups before. I was just simply buying and collecting military items. I now realize the importance of keeping items together and I really was getting excited, maybe I need to get a life, waiting for your information on these uniforms. If I find any other uniforms I will post them. Thanks again for all your help!! thumbsup.gif

Hmm, well on the WWII Memorial site there is one match for a George T. Mulligan. It was added onto the site by his brother, Mr. Thomas Mulligan. He says the guys hometown was Boston, MA.

- Jeff

Hmm, well on the WWII Memorial site there is one match for a George T. Mulligan. It was added onto the site by his brother, Mr. Thomas Mulligan. He says the guys hometown was Boston, MA.

- Jeff

Excellent. If you want to find out more about them, he'd be your man. Let me know if you need a phone #.

-Ski