WAAC Jacket

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
Very nice jacket. thumbsup.gif Any name associated with it?

- Jeff

Yes there is a name sewn into the collar.

post-1412-1220992143.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Thanks guys!! I left a bid on a box of military clothes at an auction and I did not even realize this was in the pile until after I went to pick the box up. I paid $20.00 for the box that had some other nice items in it. thumbsup.gif

Now that is a great find for the $$$$.

Not sure this is the same woman, but she could of moved branches after enlisting.....

Name: Grace M Bering

Birth Year: 1913

Race: White, citizen (White)

Nativity State or Country: Michigan

State: Massachusetts

County or City: Middlesex

Enlistment Date: 13 Mar 1941

Enlistment State: Massachusetts

Enlistment City: Boston

Branch: Womens Army Corps

Branch Code: Field Artillery

Grade Code: Aviation Cadet

Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

Component: Womens Army Corps

Source: Civil Life

Education: 2 years of high school

Marital Status: Single, without dependents

Height: 12

Weight: 068

Actually, judging by the number under your thumb, this IS your woman.... Her # was A-116863. From the Cenus, she was born in Newfoundland and something happened to her dad before 1930 as her Mom moved the family to MA..... PM sent with Cenus images.

-Ski

Here is the link to Tec 4 Grace Bering's enlistment record. She enlisted March 13, 1941, a very early Women's Army Auxiliary Corps volunteer, which probably explains some of the weird coding on her record.

Manchu Warrior

The number written on the uniform is actually B-6863. This jacket was in with a bunch of male shirts and jackets and I am going to dig some of it out to see if there is any names on those to see if there is a connection. Thanks for the information. thumbsup.gif

The number written on the uniform is actually B-6863. This jacket was in with a bunch of male shirts and jackets and I am going to dig some of it out to see if there is any names on those to see if there is a connection. Thanks for the information. thumbsup.gif

She must be the same woman.

-Ski

Manchu Warrior

This is one of the shirts and a set of Class A's that came with the WAAC jacket. I am not sure if they are connected but they were purchased at an estate auction in Maryland and looked like they had been in the same box for many years. Unfortunately there is no name in these. ermm.gif

post-1412-1220995952.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Wailuna thanks for the link and Teamski I appreciate you e-mailing the file to me. You guys were beyond helpful. Thanks again!! thumbsup.gif

Those are great uniforms!!! Obviously, the guy participated in the Anvil/ Dragoon Landings of Southern France thus the 7th Army patch and Arrowhead. Nice, nice snag.

-Ski

Manchu Warrior

Teamski, as my memory comes back I am pulling out what came with this lot and this is another piece that I hope can ID the soldier. This top has the 7th Army as the current unit but it came with the lot and it has the same rank so maybe this is the soldiers name. Can you find out if any Mulligans may fit into the picture. Thanks

post-1412-1221000609.jpg

Teamski, as my memory comes back I am pulling out what came with this lot and this is another piece that I hope can ID the soldier. This top has the 7th Army as the current unit but it came with the lot and it has the same rank so maybe this is the soldiers name. Can you find out if any Mulligans may fit into the picture. Thanks

post-1412-1221000609.jpg

He very well could of been with the 7th Army in Europe in the 50's and then returned stateside to the 2nd Army. I don't believe they were authorized to wear the same patch on both shoulders if they were with the same unit in combat, much like they do now (you know, 1st Cav on both shoulders, etc). I definately agree that this is the same guy as the previous uniforms. This could be a tough nut to crack without a first name.

-Ski

Meet Mrs. Mulligan:

MULLIGAN, GRACE M

TEC4 US ARMY

WORLD WAR II

DATE OF BIRTH: 12/19/1913

DATE OF DEATH: 10/12/2005

BURIED AT: SECTION 53 SITE 2671 btnViewMap.gif

ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY

C/O DIRECTOR ARLINGTON, VA 22211

(703) 607-8000

Note: Last residence Glen Burnie, Maryland.

Is there anything legible on that laundry tag in SSG Mulligan's fatigue jacket?

Meet Mrs. Mulligan:

MULLIGAN, GRACE M

TEC4 US ARMY

WORLD WAR II

DATE OF BIRTH: 12/19/1913

DATE OF DEATH: 10/12/2005

BURIED AT: SECTION 53 SITE 2671 btnViewMap.gif

(703) 607-8000

Note: Last residence Glen Burnie, Maryland.

Is there anything legible on that laundry tag in SSG Mulligan's fatigue jacket?

And so the link! w00t.gif Well done on the find!! I wonder where is Mr. Mulligan buried? I did some more searching this morning without luck.

-Ski

Manchu Warrior
And so the link! w00t.gif Well done on the find!! I wonder where is Mr. Mulligan buried? I did some more searching this morning without luck.

-Ski

Wow, Ski that is incredible and yes the laundry tag in the middle of the top has VA003 on it. Again, I appreciate what you have done. thumbsup.gif

Wow, Ski that is incredible and yes the laundry tag in the middle of the top has VA003 on it. Again, I appreciate what you have done. thumbsup.gif

Wailuna found the link between uniforms, so he gets the street cred, hehehehe....

I hope you intend to keep the uniforms together.

-Ski

Here's my lucky guess for today. SFC Mulligan's vintage and military profile fits this situation and his last residence was Oxon Hill, Maryland.

MULLIGAN, GEORGE T

SFC US ARMY

WORLD WAR II, KOREA, VIETNAM

DATE OF BIRTH: 05/25/1917

DATE OF DEATH: 09/19/1980

BURIED AT: SECTION 64 SITE 6434

(703) 607-8000