Seeking info on a Special Forces Patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hi all,
I have this ID'd as Special Forces Operational Detachment One,which seems kind of vague.Also,I'm not sure what some of the symbols in the design are,the brown item at the top and the red item,maybe a feather?If anyone has any more detailed info about this patch and unit I would appreciate learning more about it.Sellers pics.

Thanks

post-13386-0-00420300-1462765133.jpg

post-13386-0-48108800-1462765142.jpg

lamarhooten

A shoe or a scalp maybe? for the top item. A feather for the bottom one. Crossed arrows badge was used for the old Indian Scouts badges before the SF.

Patchcollector

Thanks for the suggestions Guys.The top item does resemble one of those Dutch type shoes,now that you mention it.The bottom item looks to me like a feather,except for the thing sticking out on the side.

Maybe a kazoo? :lol:

post-13386-0-79949200-1462810605.png

sfcollector

Original patch made for the 6th Bn, 1st Special Warfare Training Group (A), John F Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School (JFKSWCS), Special Forces Intelligence Sergeant Course (18F) instructors in the 1990's. The "SFOD-I" on this patch is an abbreviation for "Special Force Operational Detachment-Intelligence". Not sure what the wooden shoe and the red feather (?) symbolize.

firefighter

Great job on the ID.

The 6th Battalion trains and educates Army Special Forces, joint special operations forces, and other selected interagency personnel to conduct specialized intelligence and operational activities in order to provide them an unmatched capability to understand and address the diverse threats of the 21st century.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/1swtg.htm

• 4 years later...

Some additional information regarding the symbolism on this SFOD-I patch that I ran across - the patch's diamond shape is for the World War II Ranger diamond insignia, the wooden shoe represents the wooden shoes the Dutch threw into machinery to sabotage Nazi manufacturing that the Dutch were forced to work on during World War II, the dagger represents the OSS, and the crossed arrows and feather represents the US Special Forces. 50 patches were made.