Older Sterling EG&A

firefighter

firefighter

The 2 fouled ones are marked sterling and hallmarked., I think H-H? The officer is un marked.

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-105435-14627116047213.jpg

normaninvasion

They are sweetheart emblems. Top 2 are a pattern worn from 1940-50s H&H . The other I believe is from 1920s? but someone can chime in with better info on the pattern

firefighter

They are sweetheart emblems. Top 2 are a pattern worn from 1940-50s H&H . The other I believe is from 1920s? but someone can chime in with better info on the pattern

Thank you. Appreciate the info.

The other '1920s' emblem is a strange one...no one has identified the maker yet, and it appears it was used as a collar emblem and a sweetheart emblem, even pinback variants were used as pinback. Even more strange, all were done in enlisted patterns, and officers were known to sometimes wear them as they were officer size

ones I attribute to sweetheart over uniform tend to have a flat disk on the back of the globe, OR have been painted silver and gold as is the case with yours.

firefighter

The other '1920s' emblem is a strange one...no one has identified the maker yet, and it appears it was used as a collar emblem and a sweetheart emblem, even pinback variants were used as pinback. Even more strange, all were done in enlisted patterns, and officers were known to sometimes wear them as they were officer size

ones I attribute to sweetheart over uniform tend to have a flat disk on the back of the globe, OR have been painted silver and gold as is the case with yours.

Thank you for the information.Mine doesn't look to be painted.I do not see any chipping

looks like paint running off Sout America in the southeast onto the Atlantic

• 2 weeks later...

My "opinion" on the 20's emblem is that brass is the base metal. The silver wash was added to the eagle and globe. Notice on the eagle's wing where the brass is starting to show through. By it being "painted" or plated, does not make it simply a sweetheart piece. It's a nice emblem. The phrase "Sweetheart piece" gets thrown around too many times because we will probably never have all the answers to...Why,When, and Who.

firefighter

My "opinion" on the 20's emblem is that brass is the base metal. The silver wash was added to the eagle and globe. Notice on the eagle's wing where the brass is starting to show through. By it being "painted" or plated, does not make it simply a sweetheart piece. It's a nice emblem. The phrase "Sweetheart piece" gets thrown around too many times because we will probably never have all the answers to...Why,When, and Who.

Thank you.I appreciate the information.I didn't notice the wing.

The phrase "Sweetheart piece" gets thrown around too many times because we will probably never have all the answers to...Why,When, and Who.

Do you prefer the term homefront piece then?