German Paratrooper Splinter Smock

Persian Gulf Command

Persian Gulf Command

I personally knew the soldier who brought this German Fallchirmjager Splinter Smock home. He was a medic in the 84th ID and while in a barracks formally used by German Paratroopers, he found it on the floor of a shower room. He told me that when the weather began to get colder in the Fall he would often sleep in this smock as the thicker cotton duck material would help to keep him warm and dry.

Enjoy!

post-17994-0-64538100-1462646945.jpg

post-17994-0-53644900-1462646967.jpg

Great smock.Thanks for posting.

I knew a 102nd division medic who brought one home to use hunting.He removed the eagle from the smock a d wore it once.He still had the eagle in a box with his other treasures.

yes...I just picked up an SS Italian Camo fur lined anorak and a set of lined Luftwaffe channel pants that were used by the vet for hunting...I'm sure they were warm!

USCapturephotos

Oh my gosh. That would be a dream find for me. One of my best veteran friends was a German FJ from the 4th FJ Division in Italy.

Paul

Must have been a popular trophy. Mine, too, was a vet find...sort of. Came from a vet who acquired it from a base theater when they were pitching tons of uniforms/props in the 80s, it had been donated to the theater by the vet who brought it back

Incredible find, I'm sure it will be treasured for many years. Seems like they were very popular trophies

Kurt Barickman

That is a great piece and rare to boot! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Kurt