Enlisted EGA... Meyer?

Schnicklfritz

Schnicklfritz

Wanted to post this for all to see. I'm also not sure of the maker. Can't wait for the EGA books to hit the stands. This is an unusual one that I picked up. I think it is a Meyer made piece. It looks like the Meyer's collar style EGAs from the 20's-30's era I think. It has the characteristics of the 1918 pattern EGAs with the longitude lines, etc. Your thoughts.

post-115-0-31731300-1462635345.jpg

stucky151

Interesting bird you got there. Never seen that one, the anchor reminds me of the 1898 EGAs, while the bird definatley has that 1920s Meyers look to it. Nice find!

late 20s-1930s era, IMO, and meant to accompany the Meyers Metal collar variant often seen during the era, which I believe to be a preferred private purchase alternative to the unpopular droop winged. The cover emblem, while interesting, did not live up to it's collar counterparts in quality or popularity and are tougher to find. Both service and dress versions of this device exist

Nice bird

normaninvasion

Jeez your right!

I get excited when something uncommon turns up in this section! I know the book is going to show some hidden gems

Schnicklfritz

Counting down the weeks now

Me too! That is a nice emblem you picked up also Brig. I also can't wait for the book to see what emblems I haven't seen before. While photos are nice, the real thing in hand is that much better for sure!