KFOR MILITARY POLICE - NATO

firefighter

firefighter

Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure who wore these.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have seen four variations of these hanger badges; KFOR (Kosovo Force), IFOR (Implementation Force),

SFOR (Stabilization Force) and a generic United Nations Military Police with the United Nations seal in the

center. I have no confirmation, but believe that these were worn by American Military Police. The United

States provided the largest number of troops to the United Nations peace keeping operation. That included

at least five Military Police companies that I have identified as having served in Bosnia or Kosovo. There may

have been others, but my research has been limited. If anyone knows for certain if these were worn by American

MPs, please advise.

firefighter

I have seen four variations of these hanger badges; KFOR (Kosovo Force), IFOR (Implementation Force),

SFOR (Stabilization Force) and a generic United Nations Military Police with the United Nations seal in the

center. I have no confirmation, but believe that these were worn by American Military Police. The United

States provided the largest number of troops to the United Nations peace keeping operation. That included

at least five Military Police companies that I have identified as having served in Bosnia or Kosovo. There may

have been others, but my research has been limited. If anyone knows for certain if these were worn by American

MPs, please advise.

Thank you for the information.

My (IFOR) battalion was relieved by an (SFOR) MP battalion. Neither our (First Armored) Division or Corps (18th MP Brigade) Military Police or that Battalion wore these or any other NATO / Allied insignia - just their authorized US insignia. [Early in the mission the NATO command sent us IFOR brassards but the US chain of command refused to adopt them or any other IFOR / NATO insignia when all allied units wore them. (I was the Division Ops Officer so have first-hand experience regarding this.)]

All that said, each subsequent rotation (IFOR was '95 -'96; SFOR was "96 - '04) had somewhat different experiences, so perhaps at some point a unit did wear these. Just don't believe it until there is first-person evidence.

Thank you 12A54. That's the most definitive information I have read on these UN badges.

I have one in my collection of MP badges, but if they were not worn I'm going to pull it out.

firefighter

Thank you 12A54. That's the most definitive information I have read on these UN badges.

I have one in my collection of MP badges, but if they were not worn I'm going to pull it out.

I agree.Thank you 12A54 for the information.I will be pulling mine as well from my badges.Still a cool badge that was cheap, hoping is was worn by U.S. troops though.