Differences in 1st Division Greenback Patches

james127

I'll admit from the start that I'm a complete novice when it comes to patches, but I'm trying to learn more. Here was my question. What accounts for the difference in price on these 1st Division patches that I have linked from eBay? Is it just seller preference or is there some quality that makes one more desirable than the next? Thanks!

Patch A: Click here

Patch B: Click here

Patch C: Click here

Patch D: Click here

ocsfollowme

3 of those sellers are dealers so you will pay a lot more than what the going $.99 auction start is.

But if you want that patch today, then you will have to pay $40 from the dealer.

I have sold about 2x 1st division green backs in the past few years and I only got $12-20 for them in auction. With anything, ask questions on the forum and learn to do some market research. I watch about the maximum of the 200 auctions per week to get a feel for what patches actually bring in auction. To see if it is worth flipping a patch for profit.

Gotcha. I'm in no hurry. Just have a few projects in my head that I'm looking to do. I was curious if the cheaper prices patches were inferior in some way or if the more expensive ones had something that justified the higher price.

Garth Thompson

Gotcha. I'm in no hurry. Just have a few projects in my head that I'm looking to do. I was curious if the cheaper prices patches were inferior in some way or if the more expensive ones had something that justified the higher price.

There is no real difference in any of them.The prices of the four you posted reflect each sellers listing technique. Some sellers start at low prices and some start at stupid high prices. Items that start low almost always achieve a reasonable market value. The higher priced just sits for a long time and is continually relisted.

WorldWarPatches

There is no real difference in any of them.The prices of the four you posted reflect each sellers listing technique. Some sellers start at low prices and some start at stupid high prices. Items that start low almost always achieve a reasonable market value. The higher priced just sits for a long time and is continually relisted.

Seeing how mine is the highest price I'm guessing mine is the stupid one. My stupid price has sold 14 times in the last 2 years. Service and the fact that I pay fair prices on collections might have something to do with it.

Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for the next thing to collect or a new project. I'm looking at putting together some pieces on the major operations during WWII and using the divisions patches to represent who participated in what operation.

As far as the discussion on prices, I've only been seriously collecting for about 3 or 4 years now, but in my limited time I've found that the market seems to fluctuate wildly. I had another thread where I was talking about prices with photos and photo albums and somebody made a very good point. Basically, the point was that in a market that is the size of the one that military collecting is, as little as 4 or 5 people can create a boom or a bubble. If even a few people get out, the bubble pops and the prices fall. Again, I consider myself a relative novice compared to most people on this forum so maybe there's something that I don't see, but it's interesting to observe and participate in. Quite the volatile market :)