WWI Video Game

Squeaker

Electronic Arts just released the trailer for their newest addition to the Battlefield line. If I remember right, the last Battlefield I played was a VERY modern one. Do you think this game will bring WWI to the younger generation's minds, at least for a little while?

[/url]

[/url]

bellasilva

No idea if it'll get the young'ns interested in WW1, but I for one am looking forward to it. Battlefield is a really entertaining franchise and I hope they do it some justice.

I'm ready for it as well. I haven't bought a console since I sold my 360, but this might be the push I needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

SergeantMajorGray

This looks like it's going to be the title the FPS genre needs as a refresher. With Call of Dutys new abismal title Call of Duty Infinite Warfare the biggest Halo rip off ever devised. Battlefield 1 looks like it will be a good hold over until a true bare bones WW2 shooter Battalion 1944 comes out in 2017.

Garandomatic

I liked the looks of it, but I really hope there aren't multiple red Fokker triplanes in it...

I haven't seriously played any video games since Call of Duty: World at War became buried by all of the modern releases. I could never get the hang of the newer ones, but I would ROCK that game, especially if I could jump into one of the tanks. This might just make me get my xbox back from my brother.

SergeantMajorGray

I liked the looks of it, but I really hope there aren't multiple red Fokker triplanes in it...

Don't hold your breath as they will have to sacrifice some historical accuracy to appeal to the masses. That said I assume 1 triplane will spawn at the German base with a couple of other bilplanes. As usual a bunch of worthless teammates will stand at the base doing nothing until they can snag a plane.

bellasilva

Don't hold your breath as they will have to sacrifice some historical accuracy to appeal to the masses. That said I assume 1 triplane will spawn at the German base with a couple of other bilplanes. As usual a bunch of worthless teammates will stand at the base doing nothing until they can snag a plane.

Or the first person to spawn into an AA gun will camp there for the entire match shooting down the biplanes :lol:

Garandomatic

I just hope it isn't as bad as flyboys.... I think the peanuts move was more accurate than that...

SergeantMajorGray

Or the first person to spawn into an AA gun will camp there for the entire match shooting down the biplanes :lol:

Classic battlefield. The mini gun AA in bad company 2 was a menace.