F/S William Rodgers Fighting Knife and scabbard question

Jonsey

Am I correct that this a WWII vintage fighting knife. Marked William Rogers Sheffield England and a 4. Scabbard is stamped made in England and the snaps stamped Newey England. Came from a Marine who served during Vietnam, but his job would of allow his to confiscate this.

Thanks

Jeff

post-158329-0-93263700-1462394933.jpg

As far as I know, they do not use full maker name on these knives before after WW2. These knives and probably yours also were made in the sixties and seventies

Best Regards

Vinland

Definitely post war probably the 60s or 70s. Price depends on who's buying. I would imagine around a 100.00 or less. I really only collect WW2 Edge weapons for the most part so I am not an expert.

My thought of the knife is that it can be made shortly after the war.

I dont believe its a 60 or 70ies knife, but I can be wrong.

The number 4 makes it a ww2 or close after, as the molds were destroyed after the war.

But I havent seen the marking on the cross guard on ww2 knifes which make me believe its a post war knife.

I would hold on to it a while to decide the value as its an partly ww2 knife.

Cheers,

I"ll try and contact the company and see if they have any information. The crossguard does have "William Rogers I cut my way" on it, as well as Sheffield England on the other. As like most of us, Im trying to identify exactly what it is for my own reasons. It would be nice if it was wartime made, but if its post war, oh well. I've been looking for one of these for years and this on just fell out of the woodwork.

Thanks

Jeff

Sounds encouraging that it's printed with the "I cut my way". My knowledge pool on the F/S knives remains very sophomoric. I've only accumulated a couple of post war examples. The first one I acquired was back in the mid 70's at a surplus store in Denver CO. The sheath that came with it was very much like yours minus the metal tip guard, which I really like. At that time it seemed like that market was flooded with them. Pattern 3 knives most of which looked like they were in like new condition and cheap. I assumed that they were all post war knives. Years latter I was told by a friend who had taken the time to study these knives that more than a few of the knives that were imported during that time had been WW2 production as well as the more common post war examples.

Good luck with your inquires, got my fingers crossed for you.