What kind of WW2 Ribbon is this

FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35

Greetings,

My father and I are into collecting 77th Division items and there was a grouping of a Frank CAMERON who was in the same Regiment as my grandfather so we aquired it. Im tryin to figure out what this Ribbon is. At first I foolishly thought it was bronze star thinking that the backround is a brownish tint. Can anyone help me out on this one. He must have been awarded it twice as he has a star on it for a second award.

Regards,

post-3581-1220907657.jpg

post-3581-1220907703.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Philippine Liberation Medal

The Philippine Liberation Medal is intended to recognize military service in the last days of World War II when the military of Japan was driven from the Philippines and then to eventually surrender in September of 1945. To be awarded the medal, a service member must have served in the Philippines for at least thirty days during the eligible time period, or must have participated in one of the following actions:

Participation in the initial landing operation of Leyte and adjoining islands from October 7 to October 20, 1944

Participation in any engagement against hostile Japanese forces during the Philippine Liberation Campaign of October 17, 1944 to September 2, 1945

Personnel who are awarded the medal for participation in the above mentioned operations are authorized a service star to the Philippine Liberation Medal. Personnel who earned the medal for general service during the eligible time period are awarded the medal without device.

FightenIrish35

Thanks for helping me out.It makes perfect since as the 77TH Division fought on Leyte and also Okinawa at the end of war. Thanks for the information. thumbsup.gif