Today's Find's

Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Was very fortunate today at our monthly ASMIC swap meet. It was a good day for finding some very nice Women's Services items. Was able to purchase 3 different examples : Army Nurse Corp, WAC Air Corps Officer and a Wave Service Dress with Garrison cap.

post-23999-0-70469100-1462134693.jpg

Scarecrow

Those are some nice finds! Are any of them researchable (named)?

Only the WAVE Service Dress and cap are named. All are currently at the dry cleaners, so I don't have her name at the moment.

Thanks to all that replied, your kind words are appreciated.

RustyCanteen

That is great! Hopefully you can find some history to compliment a nice looking uniform.

RC

Scarecrow

That is great! Hopefully you can find some history to compliment a nice looking uniform.

RC

The WAVE cap and jacket are named to B.C. Wheeler. Unfortunately no other information.

RustyCanteen

The WAVE cap and jacket are named to B.C. Wheeler. Unfortunately no other information.

Are you positive the 'C' isn't a 'G'? I only ask because there was a WAVE with those initials (Barbara Gail W.) I have found so far..

Scarecrow

Are you positive the 'C' isn't a 'G'? I only ask because there was a WAVE with those initials (Barbara Gail W.) I have found so far..

You are correct! With another look see and with a loop it is definitely a "G". So the name is B G Wheeler. Thanks!