Very early CISO made early classic pattern Tiger Stripe boonie

Zirni

Beau-Brummel

AAAHHH, Give that man a cigar, Mike Fukuda, Buy or Die thank you Bob you're a hero :). You were actually out there In the 80's weren't you, do you remember the hats like mine on offer? I was told they were very low volume and actually quite expensive for what they were.

What was It Stalin said, 'quantity has a quality all of It's own' :lol:. Owen, great collection, I look forward to hearing what you may learn from It.

Paul, nice gold mate and with excellent provenance. Apparently the troops found the brim too bulky and It Intefered with their hearing so they cut them down.

Yours, Guy.

Guy, I think the shop you are thinking of was Buy Or Die (Mike Fukuda), as they had some in the early 80's.

vintageproductions

At the time the were fairly expensive, a compared to an original piece. If I remember right they were 3,000 to 4,000 Yen, at today's exchange $35.00 to $45.00, but a real tiger stripe boonie at the time was selling for $40-$75.00.

Beau-Brummel

Didn't they!

Same sort of sketch as Buzz Rickson now I guess.

Personally I'd rather hunt down an original piece to wear, I know you agree with that.