Marine corpsman uniform question

Ed Fedory

Ed Fedory

I recently acquired a WW II 3rd Division tunic. Below the 3rd Division patch is a Navy corpsman patch. On the right upper sleeve is a totally white sewn-on blank patch. I was wondering about the significance of this particular patch. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Ed

Ed Fedory

JB4244...thanks for the information! On the ribbon bar is a Purple Heart and Pacific Theater ribbon with one battle star. There is also a "Ruptured Duck" on the chest. When you mention "early discharge" might this be due to having been seriously wounded? I ask this question in light of the fact that the regular discharge eagle patch is also present. Thanks! Ed

Ed Fedory

@warguy...I'm not the most tech-savvy guy. It's your standard tunic...in fine shape/ribbon bar...the diamond patch and the two SSIs for the 3rd Marine Division and the Navy corpsman patch beneath it. I found the name DIEHL, in ink, on the inside of one sleeve...no laundry markings. I might be able to get one of my buddy to get a photo of it and send it to your e-mail address. You can respond with a private message if that would be something you'd like me to do. Thanks for the interest, and if you have any more information on this Marine, please let me know. Again, thanks for your interest! Ed