Named Army Good Conduct Medals to WAC's and Women in the Army

Bruce Linz

That is a beautiful medal. I love these hand engraved ones.  I think I have seen this engravers hand before.  Thanks for sharing this 

• 1 month later...

Hello WAC_GIRL1994,

That sounds like a great medal.  You should post a photo of the engraving.  Your grandmother's medal was probably engraved right after WWII when it was issued by one of separation centers.  The Army contracted with dozens of small shops to put names on these medals.  Every discharged soldier who was awarded a GCM had the opportunity to have their medal engraved.  Only a small percentage of those folks actually filled out the paperwork and had them named.  The style and method used to name them varied greatly.  The best ones, in my opinion, are the hand engraved ones.  One of the things I collect is Good Conduct Medals to women.

Regards,

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Army Good Conduct Medal named to "Mary F. Sharp". She enlisted on 13 January 1945 and served into the 1950's.

Medal - Army GCM - Sharp 04.JPG

Army Good Conduct Medal named to "Lucille P Bishop". She served in both the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) and the Women's Army Corps (WAC).

Medal - Army GCM - Bishop.jpg

• 6 months later...
Vintagemilitaria

great medals! Thanks for sharing! am looking to add one to my collection hopefully I can find an engraved WAC good conduct some day.

Dave that is one great pair of medals.  Superb engraving on both medals.  Thanks for showing them.