WW2 GUNNER WING HELP NEEDED

FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35

Hey everyone

I have a WW2 CLASS A Jacket that was a Ball turret Gunner and i need to get wings to complete it.

Are someone please tell me if these wings are legit the auction ends in 45 minutes!!!! I know im callin it close here but will take a shot on these if there legit they seem to be a reasonable price.

GUNNER WINGS ON EBAY

FightenIrish35

Do you mean that he could have worn two at the same time. Or instead of wearing the Gunner Wings he could have worn the wings you just mentioned?

The air crew wing is an alternative.They would not wear both.

The long pin opposed to the ones with clutches is a variation both made in WW2.Some preferred the clutch back type as they lie flatter on the uniform.

RON

Thanks Ron. I defintly feel more confident in putting this bid in now. Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Hope you got them.Anything under $40 isnt bad in my opinion if you need them for a uniform

RON

Sorry to hear you missed the bid... here are a few you should keep an eye on.

Good Luck!

John

FightenIrish35
Sorry to hear you missed the bid... here are a few you should keep an eye on.

Good Luck!

John

Thanks John.Im keeping my eye on a pair that ends tonight so fingers crossed I hope i snatch it. And this time Im not useing bidnapper incase something fails again with their site. thumbdown.gif

FightenIrish35

I got it ! When they arrive Ill take some images of the wings and the jacket. The wings were not that cheap,I ended up getting them for 48 Dollars. But,hey,itll be worth it to get it for the completion of the uniform. thumbsup.gif

FightenIrish35
As I wait for them to arrive here is the link to the wings I won.

Gunner wingssssss

Im also contemplating on if I should add a Blue Combat box to the uniform as Im trying to restore this jacket back to the way it was as I know amost everything about the Gunner after research.

What kind of blue cloth should i look for as Ive seen refrences of the Blue Combat Box but I just dont know if its worth it trying to find a Blue piece of cloth as the backround or just leave it as is? Im leaning towards Combat box because he was in 26 missions before his plane was hit by flak and became a POW.