USMC Nameplate

Justin H

Hello everyone

I've had this nameplate since the early 90's, found it in the pocket of a CWU 45/P that I picked up at Kensington market. I always thought it didn't belong to the jacket since the jacket also had Velcro for a TAC type chest patch on the right

The layout of the nameplate looks a bit different to some I've seen- do you think it's OK?

Also does anyone know what the 45 means?

I love the nickname "Scarface" on this one

Thanks in advance

Justin H

post-162545-0-36771000-1461786770.jpeg

HMLA-367 is also known as SCARFACE. The fly Hueys and Cobras out of Kaneohe Bay in Hawaii. I was just at the squadron in February.

Scarface refers to the Squadron (See what littlegto wrote above). 45 is his "Rocket Number" he may have and most likely did have a different personal call sign. Scarface 45 was probably what he answered to on the radio.

That's great guys thank you for the info

Got to get my hands on a Scarface patch now !

Also confirms that nameplate didn't belong to jacket I think

Justin H

You say the jacket has Velcro where the tag would go, so does the back of that tag have Velcro? USN/USMC use Velcro for name tags on jackets and flight suits and do use the cwu/45 flight jacket. It very may well belong together.

Good point TLeo but it was the shape of the other patch that didn't look right- more like a Tactical Air Command type patch. There must be a name for that shape of patch but don't know what it is

Thanks

Justin Hpost-162545-0-97935000-1461916284.jpeg

Good point TLeo but it was the shape of the other patch that didn't look right- more like a Tactical Air Command type patch. There must be a name for that shape of patch but don't know what it is

Thanks

Justin Hattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Okay, I misunderstood the type and placement of the velcro. That does look like some type air force patch.