How do you remove that musty smell?

Sgt.Hinkley

Sgt.Hinkley

I just received a nice tank destroyer officers uniform and a navy uniform from a local antique dealer. They look fine but smell of must so badly so I was wondering what you guys do to get rid of that over powering smell safely?

try airing it out first sometimes a few days in fresh air helps alot.

I just received a nice tank destroyer officers uniform and a navy uniform from a local antique dealer. They look fine but smell of must so badly so I was wondering what you guys do to get rid of that over powering smell safely?

I soak the hell out of them with Febreze and often hang them outside in the sun for a day or so.

Might have fading...

Sgt.Hinkley

Ok thanks guys. I have done that before but I didn't know if there were other ways. Thanks again!

Would air it out in the sun for a few hour a couple of days.Then take and seal each one in a regular large trash bag or one of the big zip lock bags so you can lay or hang flat.Place a couple of dryer sheets in the bags and leave sealed for a couple of weeks or longer if the oder continues.I have had very positive results doing this and its non invasive and your not spraying a chemical on old fabric.

It works for me and I first heard of it through vintage book dealer.They will lay them in between pages in a book to take out odor and no staining or residue to the books Pages.