Nine O Nine B17 A2 Jacket

nbolinger

Patchcollector

Nice jacket mon.You've been finding some great stuff,I'm gonna have to start visiting that 49th St. Flea market :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
willysmb44

Freaking sweet jacket. as a life member of the 91st association as well as having flown on the Collings look-alike B-17, I love it!

to have a Starcer war time painted A-2 ...Insane...and just to "have picked it up today"...very humble

Tony Starcer came to Dover AFB to repaint Shoo Shoo Baby during her resto...he did a few jackets too...mostly Coopers...but he did do one original A-2....

RIP Tony

There's no way for sure to know that was a Starcer unless the original owner confirmed that. He did do jackets but nearly as many as people think. I asked around at a 91st BG reunion several years ago and was given the names of several ground crew (and a few aircrew) who painted jackets at Bassingborn.

willysmb44

Can't wait to see the rest of this!

Thanks for posting it, as well-known-plane-named A2s rarely ever come up!

phantomfixer

true the dots haven't been connected, but it isnt a stretch either....either way...a heck of a jacket

Schnicklfritz

Wow, great jacket. As part of my practical test for my Airframe and Powerplant license, I was able to go through the restored B17 "The Nine O Nine" and the B24 "The All American" when they were undergoing their annual inspections at New Smyrna many moons ago. That was a great experience to be able to see things about those aircraft that no one else was able to see.

willysmb44

Wow, great jacket. As part of my practical test for my Airframe and Powerplant license, I was able to go through the restored B17 "The Nine O Nine" and the B24 "The All American" when they were undergoing their annual inspections at New Smyrna many moons ago.

This is my favorite shot I got of the Collings' "909" B-17, from the waist gun position on their B-24:

post-2617-0-09312300-1463163425.jpg

Went back and got the rest of this group today, will post a picture of him and will post the rest of the group when i get some time.

Henry R Stiles was his name.

post-9905-0-75487400-1463277824.jpg

post-9905-0-89105100-1463277827.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to post some better pictures of the grouping.

Happy memorial day to all.

post-9905-0-96276500-1464627552.jpg

post-9905-0-77701600-1464627555.jpg