Shoulder Board ID Please -- Medical Corps Major?

36-tex

Have a friend who picked this up recently and is looking for an ID. The maroon (red) color suggests medical corps. Also, what time period would this be from?

post-98-0-60801300-1461245174.jpg

Probably not US Army; medical officers used dark blue "staff" straps till the early 1900s and then changed to maroon with white inner piping. Could be militia I guess, or fraternal. Great looking strap, anyway, thanks for the post.

Justin B.

Well, the US Army Medical branch changed its branch color from green & white to maroon in 1902. The colors were again changed to maroon and white in 1916. So, this strap would date from 1902 to 1916. I've never seen 100 year old bullion look so bright and new. However, the bullion looks pretty good to me. Could be original, but bullion is so tough to tell sometimes. Some current companies make pretty good repros. Seeing what their stuff looks like might provide some insight as to the originality of yours.

Here are originals that look like I would expect 100 year old bullion to look.

post-322-0-27144300-1461283366.jpgpost-322-0-25892100-1461283378.jpg

Thank you Kurt, my memory let me down. The maroon and white combination was only for enlisted till 1916.

Justin B.

Thanks, P! Do they take paypal?

I think so, have ordered a couple of books from them in the past, yeah sure Paypal, I paid with Paypal.

Adding another vintage catalog to your extensive collection I see :D.

Thanks, P! Do they take paypal?

The site itself only takes credit cards, but individual booksellers on the site may accept Paypal. You can save keyword searches on there, too, and they will email you if it comes up. I've had searches saved on there for going on 20 years!

Justin B.

Actually, I was attempting a lame joke. Was wondering if Armstrong Uniforms takes paypal. I was going to buy another set of shoulder straps.

Actually, I was attempting a lame joke. Was wondering if Armstrong Uniforms takes paypal. I was going to buy another set of shoulder straps.

Ah ya dirty........a :lol: :lol: You got me, and Justin B :lol: