US Weapons Captured by the Axis

Normandy1944

The thing that always struck me about that first photo is how absolutely pristine those weapons look... like they didn't get much use before they were captured.

I am not seeing a US weapon in the second photo. Can somebody point it out please.

The Second photo of the thread? It looks like an M1 Carbine is in the hands of the soldier on the right

Damn! Thank you for posting that. Did that photo have a location listed??? Those were used very sparingly by the Marines only up until Saipan...

Lack of stowage boxes for grousers behind the air filters and the civilians makes me guess Philippines 1942 Provisional Tank Group USAFFE

Corpsman_1941

A few images from the Polish BAR, in German hands...

That's Polish Browning M1928, as you said it's our version of BAR.

The Second photo of the thread? It looks like an M1 Carbine is in the hands of the soldier on the right

No, not the second photo of the thread, the second photo in post #8, which is after the one of the pristine M-1's I was referring to.

ViewfinderGyrene

Lack of stowage boxes for grousers behind the air filters and the civilians makes me guess Philippines 1942 Provisional Tank Group USAFFE

Yes I actually found reference to this captured M3 being used against the 4th Marines at Bataan in a book while researching term paper!

VFG

post-34986-0-65282800-1461468091.jpg

Here's a M1 being used, a German Grenadier of an unidentified unit during the Ardennes Offensive.

This is a still I was able to scan just now from The After the Battle book, The Battle of the Bulge Then and Now. The actual footage I do believe is seen in full in The World at War, the 1944 ETO episode. He eating a candy bar there, Hmm might be German, not sure if it's American.

Here's one from after the battle.

I don't like to be morbid but of all these photographs, some of that weaponry was probably taken off of dead GIs.

Normandy1944

attachicon.giftscan0002.jpg

Here's a M1 being used, a German Grenadier of an unidentified unit during the Ardennes Offensive.

This is a still I was able to scan just now from The After the Battle book, The Battle of the Bulge Then and Now. The actual footage I do believe is seen in full in The World at War, the 1944 ETO episode. He eating a candy bar there, Hmm might be German, not sure if it's American.

Nice find!

Nice find!

Yeah I've been looking at this photo literally for 31 years, got that book in April 1985, so it's burned into my memory bank, that and seeing the footage two or three times during the same period.

The footage, it could very well be on You Tube, but I would know where it begin to look.

Garandomatic

Is it from that very frequently seen clip where the SS jokers are attacking this way then that for the propaganda camera during the Bulge?

No, not the second photo of the thread, the second photo in post #8, which is after the one of the pristine M-1's I was referring to.

Heh! Dunno....maybe an AE US test Luger??? :D

Is it from that very frequently seen clip where the SS jokers are attacking this way then that for the propaganda camera during the Bulge?

Yeah, and there from Illinois too :lol:

Normandy1944

Here's some footage with some brief shots of an SS soldier with an m1 carbine.

Probably taken from the convoy that they attacked.

Squad leader

Here's some footage with some brief shots of an SS soldier with an m1 carbine.

Probably taken from the convoy that they attacked.

The scene took place on the road between Recht and Poteau, on Dec. 18, 1944. A group of the 18th Cav. Rec. Squadron (CCA 7th Armd Div.) was ambushed by the leading elements of Kampfgruppe Hansen (1st SS. Panzer Division).

Dan.

Yeah I've been looking at this photo literally for 31 years, got that book in April 1985, so it's burned into my memory bank, that and seeing the footage two or three times during the same period.

The footage, it could very well be on You Tube, but I would know where it begin to look.

Yeah, I do remember that footage now.....I'm thinking it was on the World At War series with Laurence Olivier.....Bodes

Garandomatic

I wondered the same... T-6 Texan doesn't seem to be the most likely plane to be overseas, comparatively speaking...!

Say... isn't that Illinois Nazi using a captured CB radio??

I wondered the same... T-6 Texan doesn't seem to be the most likely plane to be overseas, comparatively speaking...!

Say... isn't that Illinois Nazi using a captured CB radio??

French use or British (maybe Canadian built)? A lot of exporting of US aircraft to Europe went on in the late 30's-early 40's.