US Weapons Captured by the Axis

Normandy1944

8 hours ago, phantomfixer said:

from the movie Fighter Squadron?

Screenshot 2022-02-23 135243.png

Screenshot 2022-02-23 135440.png

OH WOW, I got Tricked 2083974859_emoticonwow.jpg.b34265dd3cf3a6f76ecce5666b10cf60.jpg

Some times as you see I post photos I know are from movies, but this was not the case here, I really thougt these were capture planes 606457038_emoticonsmile.png.44680ca3b1d7f022b9ca0e29cf85f0cb.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, phantomfixer said:

from the movie Fighter Squadron?

Screenshot 2022-02-23 135243.png

Screenshot 2022-02-23 135440.png

One can only imagine what veteran P-51 pilots thought when they saw this on the big screen!  Those markings are horrendous and unconvincing to say the least.

This page from Strangers in a Strange Land was linked on a previous comment.

P-51 Captured.jpg

A Column from the 11th Panzer Division with a Captured Jeep in the lead, Southern France, probably in the summer of 44 when the 11th Pz Div was rebuilding, it was virtually destroyed in the  Cherkassy Pocket on the Russian Front in the late winter of 44. It's possible the Jeep could be a captured Lend Lease Russian one they wee able bring back?

jeep 11th pz.jpg

Normandy1944

Some really nice finds the last time!

Amazing to see a captured jeep in color

4 hours ago, patches said:

A Column from the 11th Panzer Division with a Captured Jeep in the lead, Southern France, probably in the summer of 44 when the 11th Pz Div was rebuilding, it was virtually destroyed in the  Cherkassy Pocket on the Russian Front in the late winter of 44. It's possible the Jeep could be a captured Lend Lease Russian one they wee able bring back?

jeep 11th pz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A Fahnenjunker of the 110th Panzer Grenadier Regiment 11th Panzer Division takes cover behind a capture American M4 Tank, ah sometime we think in the fall of 1944 Saarland, then the M4 Tank is of the U.S. 3rd Army. Interested to know if the captured tank seen later use by the Germans.

110th pz fren 11th pz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Normandy1944

Here's (probably) a Normandy related one.

A captured stuart with the famous hedgerow cutter in front.

Stuart 1.jpg

Germany sometime 1945. A shot of a Hetzer we know, unit unknown, but look what's in the background, a U.S.Halfrack, though it could be an abandoned one, to me it looks like it might be in use by the Germans, if you zoom in on it seems not to be knockout and seems to have a mottled camo job à la German. 

hetzer-tank-destroyer-701x483.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Sherman with Zimmerit, don't know the story on this, like if the tank was captured by the Germans and given a coat of the paste at the unit level, and recaptured by us down the line, or some kind of thing done by us for whatever reason, maybe trials????,

zimmerit.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

A Captured M3 Stuart of the 1st Armored Division in Africa, you can make out two Germans there on the left, this tank was captured early on in December 1942 during the first forays into Tunisia from Algeria.

stu.jpg

stuartsafrica-23.jpg

A couple of the few photos we found of a captured M4 Sherman of the 1st Armored Regiment 1st Armored Division in Germany undergoing trials.

Germans-test-Sherman.jpg

Germans-test-Sherman-Grant.jpg

Just now, patches said:

A couple of the few photos we found of a captured M4 Sherman of the 1st Armored Regiment 1st Armored Division in Germany undergoing trials.

Germans-test-Sherman.jpg

A cool scale model of it.

m4a1+war+daddy+ii+3.png

Salvage Sailor
26 minutes ago, patches said:

Germans-test-Sherman.jpg

Also an M-3 Grant in the second photo.

Normandy1944
3 hours ago, patches said:

A cool scale model of it.

m4a1+war+daddy+ii+3.png

Some nice finds. 

Is this model from Warthunder?

• 4 weeks later...
Normandy1944

Are these SS paratroopers?

I don't recognize their camouflage smocks as German paratrooper camouflage

2 hours ago, Normandy1944 said:

Are these SS paratroopers?

I don't recognize their camouflage smocks as German paratrooper camouflage

More likely regular Luftwaffe Falli's wearing SS camo smocks I think?

18 hours ago, earlymb said:

More likely regular Luftwaffe Falli's wearing SS camo smocks I think?

Yes, my thought is these FJ are either in the Hermann Goering Division as there was a Parachute unit transferred permanently to the Brigade Hermann Göring in 1942, Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 5, which was redesignated  Jäger Regiment Hermann Göring when the unit was being expanded to a full division, and some of these guys may have kept their jump helmets and jump smocks.  if not the these are of the 1. Fallschirm Division and got the SS smocks from HG stores.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:09 AM, patches said:

A Sherman with Zimmerit, don't know the story on this, like if the tank was captured by the Germans and given a coat of the paste at the unit level, and recaptured by us down the line, or some kind of thing done by us for whatever reason, maybe trials????,

zimmerit.PNG

Post war French army experiments

On 2/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, patches said:

One more in Africa 608116853_emoticonlaugh.png.76cdddcdc9f94449e698a5cba285993c.png

MV5BOGQ5NTNmZTUtMTE4NS00NmZmLWE0NjAtZTk2NjBlM2UxZmE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzk5MDQ0NA@@._V1_.jpg

Horrible movie with Lloyd Bridges as a fanatic panzer unit commander

McClure is attached to a British unit to bomb a minefield (god only knows) and his P-40 (which of course has a sharksmouth) has a bomb rack and the RAF P-40 does not. The RAF P-40 is shot down but McClure saves the pilot. Bridges is a movie fanatic nazi who hunts Doug McClure across the desert. He massacres the survivors of a British unit, McClures P-40 can only hop for short distances and taxis to friendly lines.

I remember one of the panzer crewman played Richie Brockelman PI which was a Rockford Files spinoff

without a doubt a totally horrible TV movie even for the 1970's

The Sherman However is mentionable since Besides being an M4A3E8 76(W) it has the rarer circular D94598 split hatch as loaders hatch rather than the oval one more commonly seen.

• 2 months later...