US Weapons Captured by the Axis

Normandy1944

Another one, looks like Africa too, tan colored uniforms and painted helmets, this one has a Flak Kannone mounted into it after capture, haven't ascertained the type of cannon that is yet, will shop this around on WMF, maybe it too is a Erbeute model, Czech. Polish???

attachicon.giflkuyt7.jpg

French 37mm / 50 modele 1925. A Naval AA weapon used by Germany

• 4 months later...

Not a Weapon in the strictest sense I know, But I've Been looking at this photo for years and years, first seen it in 1983 in this big book I bought and still have by Andrew Mollo HERE

Seeing the photo now online, I never noticed this Schütze of the Herman Göring Division in the lead has an American GI T Handle Entrenching Tool shoved in his belt, never noticed till a couple of days ago LOL, always thought it was and opened German folding one LOL.

HG.jpg

iron bender
On 1/21/2020 at 9:29 PM, patches said:

Wow the Germans were even using captured Halftrack in 1940, did we send these out that early to the French or English!

BoBritain_MG34_02.jpg

Not to be difficult, but this pic is not from 1940. I'm interested in where it was obtained. 

3 hours ago, iron bender said:

Not to be difficult, but this pic is not from 1940. I'm interested in where it was obtained. 

3 hours ago, iron bender said:

😄That's from a movie, the 1969 The Battle of Britain, a sequence when the Germans got the Allies on the run.  I was just doing my customary goofing around 😆

I did the same with the two other color photos, these being from Patton the other The Battle of the Bulge 😊.

• 4 months later...
Backtheattack

Not only the germans used foreign equipment, the american 83rd division was called the "Rag Tag Circus" in 1945 because of the use of every german vehicle they can find, who gave them at least 90% of the speed of the 2nd armored divison on their race to the Elbe.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just found this one, again, not a weapon, but here's a German Medic captured in the Ardennes, check out what he he using as Medical Pouches, he ain't got the standard German ones  like these and this for whatever reason, so he cleverly is using two captured G.I. Leather Binocular Cases instead.

okii.jpg

tridge-05.jpgCoure.PNG

• 1 month later...

This oft seen Still from the Ardennes Offensive Cine Footage of a Soldier of the Panzer Lehr Division, as he draws on the shield of a 57mm Anti Tank Gun of a knocked out emplacement of the Anti Tank Company 335th Infantry 84th Infantry Division in Rochefort. We see that he has either armed himself with a U.S. Carbine or he has just found it and picked it up , he also appears to be wears a U.S. M41 Field Jacket AUS DER TRAUM has a few translations, The Dream is Over, The Show is Over, It's All Over, Out of a Dream

iure.PNG

Normandy1944
4 hours ago, patches said:

This oft seen Still from the Ardennes Offensive Cine Footage of a Soldier of the Panzer Lehr Division, as he draws on the shield of a 57mm Anti Tank Gun of a knocked out emplacement of the Anti Tank Company 335th Infantry 84th Infantry Division in Rochefort. We see that he has either armed himself with a U.S. Carbine or he has just found it and picked it up , he also appears to be wears a U.S. M41 Field Jacket AUS DER TRAUM has a few translations, The Dream is Over, The Show is Over, It's All Over, Out of a Dream

iure.PNG

Nice one! Do you have the link to the footage?

10 hours ago, Normandy1944 said:

Nice one! Do you have the link to the footage?

Its seen in its  entirety in a episode of the 73-74 seminal British ITV  TV series  The World at War, the Episode called Pincers (August 1944 – March 1945), but its no longer viewable on YT anymore for some reason, from what I could see, other episodes are but not this one.

It is however viewable here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/21/2016 at 3:06 PM, Normandy1944 said:

Back to German armour.

post-106958-0-48422600-1461269135.jpg

post-106958-0-92268300-1461269136.jpg

post-106958-0-58044100-1461269138.jpg

post-106958-0-15718600-1461269140.jpg

Interesting! I didn't know the Germans captured and re-used Shermans. 

Best regards,

Connor

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Story said:

Considering the numerous photos of captured US halftracks, here's a rare color photo of Hauptmann Dietrich in North Africa. spacer.png

-the-rat-patrol-hitchcock.jpg

13 hours ago, Story said:

Considering the numerous photos of captured US halftracks, here's a rare color photo of Hauptmann Dietrich in North Africa. spacer.png

A great shot of an Erbeute Sherman Tank used by the Afrika Korps 854328215_emoticonWOOT.png.ae73049789c1995b739b37e8af82bc91.png584868920_emoticonlaugh.png.894b175f1ec2ca9abf3535f8cbe2ec66.png

Mv_tank.jpg

23 hours ago, patches said:

Good page on capture Allied Aircraft, seems both the Japanese and Germans captured F4U Corsairs the Germans one maybe was a Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm one.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aircraft/captured-german-aircraft-382888-2/

More on the F4U Cosairs the Japanese got a hold of. The one the Germans got may of been forced down over Norway and would be Royal Navy.

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/5761-captured-f4u-question/