Need Help with WWI Polish translation

CW4AFB

Pete Belmonte and I are working on our book about the foreign-born Doughboys in the US Army and Marine Corps--we have come across a wedding photo with what appears to be Polish on the back--could any of our Polish-speaking members confirm this and translate it for us?

BTW I was surprised to find how many Polish-born soldiers there were in the US Army. I guess I had assumed that they all had joined Haller's Army but it turns out that there were more than 3000 Polish-born men drafted from New York State alone---I can imagine the numbers were similar for Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Illinois and the Dakotas...

regards,

Al

PS in case you were curious, there were more than 33,000 Italian-born men drafted from New York, as well as some 46 from Argentina, 89 from Brazil, 4 from Honduras and 5 from Iceland...

post-2235-0-10516100-1461022861.jpg

I've spent a lot of time researching the Polish Army in France or the Blue Army or Haller's Army, what ever you want to call it. Before we entered the war thousands of Polish-born and American-born men joined the Polish Army which was funded by France and supported by the British Army.

Training camps were set up in Canada where Canadian Army officers drilled the men. None of these troops were sent to France before we entered the war. Once America got into it and instituted the draft, the only way a man living in America, citizen or not, could legally join Haller's Army for overseas duty was if he was too young or old for the draft or otherwise exempt due to medical reasons. This was pretty strictly enforced because many guys who were trained in the training camps set up in Pennsylvania, New York and Canada were discharged and drafted into the U.S. Army. Some who were already trained and in Canada slipped through and went with the first batch of troops over to France.

Some guys who were born in the German and Austrian parts of Poland were exempt from the U.S. draft because they were technically enemy aliens, especially in the beginning of the war. The large body of Polish-born men who willingly volunteered for the U.S. Army caused America to rethink this policy and they were accepted without much of a fuss being made where in Poland they were from.

It isn't making much sense and its very grammatically and stylistically improper, but this is roughly what It says:
"Here (I assume in this picture) he already was little drunk. Here is the sample and down on the bottom is already made... (it doesn't make any sense without seeing the picture). Can you let me know if you have something from our country and send me letters you got from Marian. I really, really ask you for that. Kisses for you and your little children."

Thats about it. I hope it helps.

JerseyGary--you are a great help---thank you---Here is the picture that the words came from.

regards, Al

post-2235-0-15427600-1461107765.jpg