Modified 6 Color Jacket Possibly SEAL

SergeantMajorGray

Rare is an understatement. The only example rarer is the modified jungle jacket (post-Vietnam). Great example and wouldn't hesitate to have this one in my collection.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I think I saw that one but didn't pull the trigger, maybe not, I've seen some clear fakes.

SergeantMajorGray

What made them clear? I usually tend to stay away from ones that are advertised as SF. Thar said there isn't a huge market for them yet and aren't really worth faking.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Not, these ones, I some other ones that looked unused, sold as SF, and had tan velcro on the arm pockets like an ACU and tan name/branch tape velcro. They looked like a modification that would be done to 3 color in 2005, not 6 color in 1990.

Mercenary25

Cap, color of velcro is not a good way to indicate whether modified jacket is fake or not.

Do you realize that modified jackets were not limited to the SF only?

It is common that sellers have original modified DCU but advertised it as SF due to their limited knowledge.

How many modified DCUs/BDUs have you handled?

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap, color of velcro is not a good way to indicate whether modified jacket is fake or not.

Do you realize that modified jackets were not limited to the SF only?

It is common that sellers have original modified DCU but advertised it as SF due to their limited knowledge.

How many modified DCUs/BDUs have you handled?

I have handled 0.

I am aware that modified jackets are not limited to SF, I have seen lots of photos of regular infantry men with modded jackets in the 21st century, however, I have seen 0 photos of a non-SF soldier wearing a modded 6 color, and no 6 color with tan velcro.

I feel that the color of velcro actually is relevant, if you can find a photo of tan velcro used on a 6 color in the 1980-1993 range I'll hapily admit I'm wrong, however, I don't think one exists.

SergeantMajorGray

I see what you mean but I think I recently saw a SF advisor wearing 6 color in Iraq training Iraqis to fight isis. Also the Iraqis have some 6 color of ours and a guy could have copied the ACU velcro arrangement.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I guess it is possible, however I belive most of the iraqi ones are foreign made in China/ Hong Kong/ Bangladesh not US contracted items.

This type of shirt/jacket modification are spewed out of Thailand as "unknown uniform" on a daily basis. Anyone with a home sewing machine and a little bit of creativity can easily knock one off for a fact Buck.

I'm not saying this is or isn't anything with this jacket shown here but it's thing to think about when spending big buck on one.

Then this heavily modified thing , I don't thing anything hasn't been modified including the length and width of the arms. It's a medium regular with arms to fit a x-small x-short by the feel of it

post-162189-0-72214900-1460878496.jpeg

SergeantMajorGray

This type of shirt/jacket modification are spewed out of Thailand as "unknown uniform" on a daily basis. Anyone with a home sewing machine and a little bit of creativity can easily knock one off for a fact Buck.

I'm not saying this is or isn't anything with this jacket shown here but it's thing to think about when spending big buck on one.

The one Cap posted right?

Mercenary25

I have handled 0.

I am aware that modified jackets are not limited to SF, I have seen lots of photos of regular infantry men with modded jackets in the 21st century, however, I have seen 0 photos of a non-SF soldier wearing a modded 6 color, and no 6 color with tan velcro.

I feel that the color of velcro actually is relevant, if you can find a photo of tan velcro used on a 6 color in the 1980-1993 range I'll hapily admit I'm wrong, however, I don't think one exists.

Ok. Thanks for clarification. Originally I thought you talked about general mod DCUs with tan velcro.

SOF worn anything they want. Tiger stripe, DBDU, etc... Even realtree hunting camo.

I have a picture of Special Forces (or OGA) wearing DBDU during the Invasion of Iraq. I will dig it out.

But you are correct, velcro of that style would be incorrect for 91-93.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Ok. Thanks for clarification. Originally I thought you talked about general mod DCUs with tan velcro.

SOF worn anything they want. Tiger stripe, DBDU, etc... Even realtree hunting camo.

I have a picture of Special Forces (or OGA) wearing DBDU during the Invasion of Iraq. I will dig it out.

But you are correct, velcro of that style would be incorrect for 91-93.

Oh yeah, sorry for the confusion.

I agree that DBDU has been used in both OEF and OIF. I have a Gillie Suit from a 3d SFG member constructed with DBDU. I thought he had used in in DS/DS but he explained he had used it down range in the current conflict. I want to say he said OEF.

Jacket in first post, I like it.. Would easily take it for my collection.

Congrats too a nice score SMGrey.

Really like the reference photos as well, always nice to see.

Regards

Martin