Lt. General James F. Hollingsworth Uniform...

MBMorley

Here is a uniform that I recently acquired... It was purchased on Ebay from a collector who acquired it from Hollingsworth's estate in 2010. All the stars and badges are original to the uniform but I replaced his ribbons and added the Officer cap.

Find a Grave Bio on General Hollingsworth.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Hollingsworth&GSfn=James&GSmn=F&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=49038305&df=all&

Here is really cool raw footage of General Hollingsworth in Vietnam when he was the Assistant Regimental Commander of the 1st "Big Red One" Division (March 1966 to May 1967).

post-7151-0-31099600-1460586017.jpg

post-7151-0-47216800-1460586024.jpg

Very nice job! Also note all of the US weaponry the VC was using. Their condition makes you wonder how they managed to use them at all!

I remember when all of Hollingsworth's uniforms, plaques, etc. went through Manion's in the late 1980's. It was a heck of a trove of stuff.

Nice shirt and what a rack of ribbons. As I recall, Hollingsworth was one of the last US officers to go through glider school after World War II.

Allan

Seems like I remember his name from the Cornelius Ryan book "The Last Battle" as he was prominent in what was thought to be the drive to Berlin.

• 5 years later...