Lieutenant Mary Magdalene Beechwood U. S. N. Nurse Corps

kanemono

Here is a group to Mary Magdalene Beechwood who was born in Utica, New York on October 3, 1918. She was a graduate of Utica High School and a 1940 graduate of the Utica State Hospital School of Nursing. Beechwood enlisted in the United States Naval Reserve Nurse Corps as an Ensign, at Rome, New York on February 16, 1942. Ensign Mary Magdalene Beechwood was assigned, as a nurse, at the Hospital, Naval Air Technical Training Center, Memphis, Tennessee. This was a primary flight training center for aviators it had a training capacity of about 600 flight cadets, and could support up to 10,000 cadets for ground crew training. Beechwood worked in the Surgical and Medical wards and trained enlisted WAVE corpsmen. She was promoted to Chief Nurse on October 1, 1944. Lieutenant Mary Beechwood Vergalito resigned from the United States Naval Reserve Nurse Corps at Rome New York, on October 9, 1953. Mary Beechwood Vergalito died in Rome, New York on October, 30, 2004. She is buried in St Mary's Cemetery, Rome, New York.

Dick

post-9487-0-44819000-1460585458.jpg

post-9487-0-00619400-1460585465.jpg

post-9487-0-74047400-1460585471.jpg

post-9487-0-20644500-1460585477.jpg

Almost 100 views of this beautiful grouping to a WWII nurse who served our country thru two wars and my response is the only response? :blink:

...Kat

Almost 100 views of this beautiful grouping to a WWII nurse who served our country thru two wars and my response is the only response? :blink:

...Kat

Happens regularly, pertaining to all matters of militaria concerning all types of service. I stopped being surprised by lack of replies years ago

I've always appreciated the ladies. They never get the respect they deserve. My very first duty station for training after boot camp was NAS Memphis, Millington TN. This woman signed up with no idea where she would end up and stayed available to serve even after "Her" war was over.

Any one notice the difference in the dog tags? This is actually pretty common. New dog tags happened relstively often.

I've always appreciated the ladies. They never get the respect they deserve. My very first duty station for training after boot camp was NAS Memphis, Millington TN. This woman signed up with no idea where she would end up and stayed available to serve even after "Her" war was over.

Any one notice the difference in the dog tags? This is actually pretty common. New dog tags happened relstively often.

Steve,

I did not notice the difference in the dog tags. Very interesting.

...Kat