Not sure about this jacket

Eddy.502

That breast pocket looks really weird to me. It is so sloppily sewn and not nearly the same look as my two mint original jackets. Could be a field repair but I am sure it didn't leave the factory like that.

Bob

I believe this is one of the post-W.W.II Utility Coats, judging by the rounded chest pocket.

Yup, original coat, but Korean war era with the rounded pocket and sage green like color. WW2 coats had more of a khaki tint to the green,

CB

Is there any way to tell with HBT trousers, if they are post war or not?

Similar way to the jacket - pocket shape, colour, tapered leg etc. I see you are in the UK. pm me if you want more info! Harlan Glenns books are a great reference if you want to get into USMC collecting... Cheers, Graham

Similar way to the jacket - pocket shape, colour, tapered leg etc. I see you are in the UK. pm me if you want more info! Harlan Glenns books are a great reference if you want to get into USMC collecting... Cheers, Graham

That jacket is on Chris' site - CS Militaria. The trousers are post war too... nice set though!

Just one more question, with all the info I've seen on the shape of the breast pocket, it states that post war jacket pockets were more rounded. However in Harlan Glenn's book it states the opposite, that early ww2 variations had rounded pockets.

Just one more question, with all the info I've seen on the shape of the breast pocket, it states that post war jacket pockets were more rounded. However in Harlan Glenn's book it states the opposite, that early ww2 variations had rounded pockets.

Look at page 46 of his book, and you will see the post war pocket shape of the example you have shown.

Sorry, I miss spoke, in GRUNT GEAR it states that rounded hbt jacket breast pockets were early variations of the p41.

• 1 month later...