D-Day Helmet Grouping - Foxy 29 Corpsman

stealthytyler

stealthytyler

Great picture. Where did it turn up?

It came from a researcher that pulled his file for me from the archives in St Louis

stealthytyler

Thought I would send this helmet back to the top since this sailor was present during the landings on June 6, 1944 at Utah Beach. Enjoy!

You did a great job researching this one, Tyler. I especially like the screenshot from the old footage showing the similarity in paint style. Definitely a keeper.

stealthytyler

You did a great job researching this one, Tyler. I especially like the screenshot from the old footage showing the similarity in paint style. Definitely a keeper.

Thanks! I have no plans to sell it in the near future... :)

• 10 months later...
stealthytyler

Forget my last post from last year.... I am now looking to sell this grouping. Any opinions as to value? Thanks

Screamingeagles101

Forget my last post from last year.... I am now looking to sell this grouping. Any opinions as to value? Thanks

That was quick haha,

Well, seeing the recent day helmet go for about $8000

I could be wrong but what's better than a medic d day helmet? Well I guess a medic d day airborne helmet haha

I wouldn't see why you couldn't get around the same price as the last d day helmet that sold on the bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthytyler

That was quick haha,

Well, seeing the recent day helmet go for about $8000

I could be wrong but what's better than a medic d day helmet? Well I guess a medic d day airborne helmet haha

I wouldn't see why you couldn't get around the same price as the last d day helmet that sold on the bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to keep it but I need to fund new purchases. You know how it is! It is listed for sale on here for $5775. I feel that is a reasonable price.

Awesome find! I'm sure further research will expound upon an already amazing story! Thanks for sharing.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...