Ground-Crawling Machine-Gun Car

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

I don't know if this was posted here before, if so please remove. I stumbled across this short video clip of the "Howie Machine-Gun Carrier". A short online research brought up no further informations. I haven't seen this (prototype) vehicle before so I suppose it was not mass-produced. Any further infos out there?

hbtcoveralls

The Howie "Belly flopper" is thought by many to be an early precursor of the Jeep. It was only tested but never produced in numbers, and it's not hard to see why. Interestingly it still exists at Ft Benning GA https://www.google.com/search?q=howie+belly+flopper&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw0L7S6frLAhXCVyYKHVRyChYQsAQIHA&biw=1920&bih=922#imgrc=x1zPUa3M7ipK6M%3A

Tom Bowers

bigkahunasix

Not much worse than being a 106mm recoiless rifleman on a M274 Mule. Was my first MOS, Gysgt. Watkins said " Your best course of action is to prone out and pray the other guy is a lousy shot". Being young, stupid and thinking we were indestructible...that's just what we did.

bigkahunasix

What's up with the gunner charging the gun after every round? Jamming up?

I think the gunner is actually keeping the belt feeding freely and not folding back on itself and tying up the gun. Also, with cloth belts it looks as if the belt trailing from the gun could foul the rear tire/axle easily and cause lots of problems.