Homemade Diorama Shed

Ronnie

Let me preface my remarks with....I'm not a modeler. The last model I put together was when I was in college about 1979 or 1980. I could do pretty nice work but never was able to age the pieces I did. Thru the years I have seen King and Country Military Figures for sale at the SOS. I have noticed that when I first saw them they were kind of cheesy. However with each passing year they got better and better. They now are really works of art. Anyway I got this idea to buy some off their figures and build a diorama for my office. What I have decided on is a pacific island base. With both Navy and Marine personnel. So I have started buying diorama pieces....buildings, trees, depot supplies, bushes, etc. some things that would be needed in a camp would be a latrine or head. Whichever you prefer I guess. I haven't seen one for sale so I built one. I also built a chicken coop but have not made photos of it. I will add them later. Anyway here are some photos of what I have done so far. I have not drilled the holes in the Ben h but will probably get that done tonight.

Thanks for looking.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-53427400-1459804305.jpeg

post-7752-0-65445200-1459804314.jpeg

post-7752-0-52020900-1459804326.jpeg

More photos. Also the tin roof is from a cardboard box. I spent several hours peeling paper apart to get to this piece that resemble a corrugated piece of tin.

post-7752-0-50127800-1459804523.jpeg

I also built a crate to go in the depot area. I'll probably make a few more of these in different sizes.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-35237100-1459804620.jpeg

P-40Warhawk

Looks great, what did you use for the corrugated roof?

Looks great, what did you use for the corrugated roof?

from post 2 "Also the tin roof is from a cardboard box. I spent several hours peeling paper apart to get to this piece that resemble a corrugated piece of tin."

so the bones of a piece of cardboard...

Keep up the good work Ronnie!

P40 just like Jake said. I got it from a cardboard shoe box. As it turns out it was just perfect scale wise.

It took me about two hours to get this piece and another the same size.

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Here are some shots of the chicken coop I built and have painted. I had never painted anything like this. I read how to dry brush so I started with a wood color. Then added gray....then some lite strokes of black. I think it turned out ok. I built this one before I discovered the cardboard "corrugated tin."

Thanks for looking.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-75534000-1459807606.jpeg

post-7752-0-81671700-1459807616.jpeg

post-7752-0-86633500-1459807626.jpeg

Looks great Ronnie! Reminds me of the years I spent in school building architectural models with the same balsa wood.It's great to work with; it's relatively cheap and you can cut most pieces quickly with a pair of scissors or an exacto knife. I look forward to seeing it all when it's done.

Looks great Ronnie! Reminds me of the years I spent in school building architectural models with the same balsa wood.It's great to work with; it's relatively cheap and you can cut most pieces quickly with a pair of scissors or an exacto knife. I look forward to seeing it all when it's done.

they gave you balsa wood? when i took that class just a few years back they said we had to build accurate scale models with dollar poster board...

they gave you balsa wood? when i took that class just a few years back they said we had to build accurate scale models with dollar poster board...

I wouldn't say they gave it to us. Everything came with either a fee or we had to buy it ourselves. anythings better than the foamcore board though. horrible to cut cleanly

I bought two of these little funky pyramid tents. I'm also gonna build a small warehouse structure to stand next to the tent. This will be the supply depot.

post-7752-0-88220300-1459825873.jpeg

post-7752-0-40667700-1459825883.jpeg

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. Mike (Sparty) how bout those Villanova Wildcats! Fantastic game!

Ronnie

Mike the "tin" was a booger to get too. Had to cut a nice size piece out of the box. Then slowly try peeling off the outside layer of paper.

It looked like warmed over crap when I got the first layer off but then I had to get what wouldn't come off. That took a long time. By tedious work. But I like the finished product.

Again thanks for the comments.

Ronnie

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. Mike (Sparty) how bout those Villanova Wildcats! Fantastic game!

Ronnie

Villanova was my pick once they reached the Sweet 16. They just looked very solid shooting from the field...was glad to see they won over a scandalous UNC team in dramatic fashion. I tell you though I almost turned off the game because I couldn't take much more of Brendan Haywoods announcing. If I was Wes Durham I would have shoved his headset down his throat.

Ha I know exactly what you mean. I really like villanova's coach, Wright. He's do I g great job.

Have a nice day.

Ronnie

Always cool to see creativity and ingenuity at work. I love to see scratch-building projects like this.Keep us posted.

Tom